Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nvidia's Drivers won't detect my new "EVGA GeForce GTX 460 1 GB"

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TangledLion

TangledLion

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 05 May 2016 - 01:42 PM

When I attempt to install the drivers, it says it does not detect any Nvidia hardware

Here is a link to the Video card:http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-PCI-Express-Graphics-01G-P3-1370-TR/dp/B003ZMTPEW?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

And Here are my system specs:

Attached File  ermac.png   8.81KB   0 downloads

Also My power supply is 500W

I Have tried:

-Using several Drivers from their website, but none of them work.

-Googling tutorials and following them exactly

-Detaching and re attaching it from the motherboard several times

Thanks!

Edited by TangledLion, 05 May 2016 - 01:43 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 05 May 2016 - 02:27 PM

What is the make and model of the computer?

Have you tried installing the Nvidia driver here or only the ones on EVGA's site?

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/102069

Edit: Is the EVGA card listed in Device Manager?

Edited by JohnC_21, 05 May 2016 - 02:47 PM.

#3 TangledLion

TangledLion
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:25 PM

It's not listed in device manager.

I only tried the ones from the Link you showed.

And the PC is a Custom Build That was made for my uncle years ago, So I Don't Know the M&M...

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 07 May 2016 - 07:18 AM

If the card is not detected in Device Manager then you will never be able to install drivers for it. The card or slot may be DOA. Is there a setting in your UEFI/BIOS that enables the PCIe slot for the graphics card? What are you currently using for graphics? It the graphics integrated on the MB?

Running CPUz and looking under the MB tab should give the make and model number.

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

Edited by JohnC_21, 07 May 2016 - 07:21 AM.

#5 Fascist Nation

Fascist Nation

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 07 May 2016 - 06:27 PM

JohnC_21 is correct, if it doesn't show up on the Device Manager then the OS doesn't see it.  In addition to the followup questions he asked:

1. Does the PSU output at least 24A (which is 288W) on the +12V rail per mfg. spec?  You will either have to open up the case and look (snap a shot with the cell phone) or look it up at the mfg. support page or in the PSU's manual.  On the PSU it will look something like the image below.
  2. Is the card fully seated?  I guess if you get some lower resolution signal it is.
  3. Did you remember to plug in both PCI-E 6-pin auxiliary power connectors?  Are they fully seated. If the PSU is modular, are the cables fully seated into the PSU as well?

example PSU specs on side:

PurePower1.JPG

Note this "680W PSU" has most of its amps on the +5V rail, lol.  It splits its +12V rail into three: +12V1, +12V2 and +12V3 rails.  The main bus (24-pin and CPU aux. power 4 or 8 pin) are on the +12V1 rail, along with any expansion card's slots and the MB chips that require any 12V power.  The other two rails are usable by the drives and other components needs.  It also doesn't list at what temperature this output was measured. 

Edited by Fascist Nation, 07 May 2016 - 06:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users