Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desperate Win10 screen goes sleep every min

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 gamla7

gamla7

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 PM

Posted 05 May 2016 - 01:26 PM

Hello

Since 02 days I try to fix an event with windows 10 - when I do not type or move the mouse-pointer, the display goes to sleep, each time I have to re-log my account..etc....  Before I reset my PC into factory settings I would like to find maybe a solution.

All settings about energy and sleep have been checked and most are set or zero, or disabled - I have no solution or idea where the problem can be.

I add already x2 notes with more info.  Can any-one give me some advice how to find the reason for this weird behavior above all settings ?  Thanks - note I am a very slow old man so a reaction can be later then expected, sorry

Attached File  TC E73 10aw summ.txt   411bytes   6 downloads

Attached File  TC_E73_10AW_5_5_2016_19_28_27.zip   989.24KB   3 downloads

============================================================================================================

Addicted to my portable T42 [xp] and a Desk PC with mobo Asus P5WD2 E PREMIUM [vista] - both operational in older OS but want to add both onto Linux.  All my application software works perfect in the XP environment. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 07 May 2016 - 09:53 AM

I am having problems receiving notification of your replies.
If I do not respond within 48 hours, please send me a Private Message to remind me.

I'd like you to run this report and upload it with your next post:

Please open a Command Prompt (Administrator) and run this command:

powercfg -energy

By default it'll drop the report into C:\Windows\System32\energy-report.html

Copy it to your Desktop, the zip it up and upload it with your next report.

Edited by usasma, 07 May 2016 - 09:54 AM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:34 AM

I am having problems receiving notification of your replies.
If I do not respond within 48 hours, please send me a Private Message to remind me.

Make sure you aren't having problems receiving PMs too.  Way back in this topic you didn't appear to receive Canan's PM either.

Edited by Agouti, 07 May 2016 - 10:35 AM.

#4 gamla7

gamla7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2016 - 11:15 AM

Hello dear usasma & Agouti

First of all - many thanks to give attention to my post.

Sorry just walked in and found this x2 reply-messages - and of course very happy with it and did & do what is asked / required.

The zip file is produced - now I try to find the correct way to upload it

And each 24h time-cycle I will log-in to check this post/thread - I am not available to reply to each incoming message immediate but reply will follow always - in full respect for the tremendous service offered by Bleeping Computer site.

Here is the upload

Attached Files

============================================================================================================

Addicted to my portable T42 [xp] and a Desk PC with mobo Asus P5WD2 E PREMIUM [vista] - both operational in older OS but want to add both onto Linux.  All my application software works perfect in the XP environment. 

#5 gamla7

gamla7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2016 - 11:31 AM

Sorry for the incorrect format of the attached file

Attached Files

#6 gamla7

gamla7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2016 - 09:08 AM

addition + 

In between multi log-ins try to add the complete BSOD report

Attached Files

#7 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2016 - 05:03 PM

The energy report looks OK.

Have you tried resetting the power configuration to default?

How about a RESET with the Keep My Files setting?

Your UEFI/BIOS (version FCKT65AUS) dates from 2015.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  This is just in case there has been a recent update.

Only 9 Windows Update hotfixes installed.  Most build 10586 (TH2/1511) systems have more than this.  Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available Windows Updates.
The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.

The WER section of the MSINFO32 report shows:

- numerous Live Kernel Events

- numerous STOP 0x141 errors that reference your Intel video drivers

- numerous errors with the Lenovo.Modern.ImController.PluginHost.exe

Please wait until the system goes into sleep, then recover and generate this report as soon as you are able:

Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

STOP 0x141 errors are similar to the errors discussed in this link.  Try the troubleshooting steps there:   http://www.sysnative.com/forums/bsod-kernel-dump-analysis-debugging-information/35-video-tdr-timeout-0x116-0x117.html#post29532
Also, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Uninstall the Lenovo System Interface Foundation.  No need to reinstall it unless you use The Lenovo Settings or Lenovo Companion applications.

From this link:  https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/HELP-lenovo-modern-imcontroller-pluginhost-is-it-a-virus/m-p/3320146

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#8 gamla7

gamla7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2016 - 06:14 AM

Thank you usasma - a full basket of tasks - will start asap, and will post after doing all this actions.  Wonderfull.

#9 gamla7

gamla7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2016 - 06:31 AM

additional = the Event Viewer report after sleep + awake + login

Attached Files

#10 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2016 - 05:40 PM

Nothing real significant in the Event Viewer log files.

#11 kbp80

kbp80

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 AM

Posted 13 May 2016 - 01:38 AM

Hi gamla7,

You could try the following:

1. Click on the windows icon
2. Type regedit
3. Right-click on regedit icon, click Run as administrator
4. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\238C9FA8-0AAD-41ED-83F4-97BE242C8F20\7bc4a2f9-d8fc-4469-b07b-33eb785aaca0
5. Double click on Attributes
6. Enter number 2.
7. Go to Advanced power settings (click on Windows button, write power options, click on Power Options, in the selected plan click on the Change plan settings, click on the Change advanced power settings).
8. Click on the Change settings that are currently unavailable
9. Click Sleep, then System unattended sleep timeout, then change these settings from 2 Minutes to 20 for example.

Source: http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/17899-monitor-turns-off-after-2-minutes-inactivity-3.html#post443937

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users