Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I select and move a group of picture files?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 markba633csi

markba633csi

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 05 May 2016 - 11:55 AM

I'm removing some files from an old Win 95 drive, drive is installed in a external USB enclosure, connected to a Win XP machine.

I was trying to use the "Search" function to grab all the .jpeg files on the drive, but when I try to copy and paste them as a group I get a "can't locate source or drive" type of message. 

I can move them in small groups but it gets confusing- I keep losing my place and forgetting which ones I have already done. 

I've tried viewing them by thumbnail, list, etc. but no dice.  There must be a way to do this?

Mark S

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 05 May 2016 - 01:18 PM

are you copying all JPEGs or just selected ones? If you are copying all, you can use the following command (which can be run opening the "run command" dialogue from the start menu):
robocopy <external>:\ C:\<destination-folder> /s *.jpg
where <external> is the drive letter of your external drive and <destination-folder> is the folder where you want to drop all the jpgs.
Proud system builder, modder, and watercooler.

GitHub | SoundCloud | Keybase

#3 markba633csi

markba633csi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 05 May 2016 - 01:53 PM

Copying all jpegs on the drive.  Thanks I'll try the robocopy command

Mark S.

#4 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 05 May 2016 - 06:53 PM

If that doesn't work, just let me know.
Proud system builder, modder, and watercooler.

GitHub | SoundCloud | Keybase

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users