Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to "piece" together my iphone backup after being recovered from hard drive

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rjay036

Rjay036

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 05 May 2016 - 07:00 AM

Hi. (its my first time here)

My windows 10 was acting up so i copied all my data off and decided to do a reset. It was only after that that i realized my iphone backup was on it. Now that wouldnt be a problem on a normal day as all i have to do is just backup my iphone again and il have a backup on my computer. Now here comes the twist, i sold my iphone last week and am expecting to buy one this week so I dont have a working version as well. Anyway i immediately did a data recovery on my hard drive using recuva and i now have various files from my hard drive which all look greek to me. I dont need anything else except for my backed up itunes files. So how do i filter all my itunes file backups out of the recovered data and put them together to have a working back up?

All suggestions will be of great help to me

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rjay036

Rjay036
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2016 - 10:37 AM

:( Someone please

#3 Rjay036

Rjay036
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2016 - 06:49 AM

Hi. (its my first time here)

My windows 10 was acting up so i copied all my data off and decided to do a reset. It was only after that that i realized my iphone backup was on it. Now that wouldnt be a problem on a normal day as all i have to do is just backup my iphone again and il have a backup on my computer. Now here comes the twist, i sold my iphone last week and am expecting to buy one this week so I dont have a working version as well. Anyway i immediately did a data recovery on my hard drive using recuva and i now have various files from my hard drive which all look greek to me. I dont need anything else except for my backed up itunes files. So how do i filter all my itunes file backups out of the recovered data and put them together to have a working back up?

All suggestions will be of great help to me

To anyone who was in the same situation I was in and needs help i recommend using a backup extractor software to get most of your data back. I ended up using iphone backup extractor by reincubate.

Managed to get my contacts, messages, whatsapp chats and all media like pictures and videos.

Had to use my email account to link my contacts but unfortunately could not import my whatsapp chats back to my phone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users