Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 update

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Glenn Gilbert

Glenn Gilbert

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 AM

Posted 05 May 2016 - 05:10 AM

Hi all, 

I have a 1 year old Lenovo H50 desktop that just went out of warranty! I was using the computer the other day when it started acting funny by having Windows Defender giving me messages that it needed to scan my computer every 3 hours or so. Later that day it did a Windows 10 update where it said that Windows Defender along with my wireless printer had problems updating and soon after that my ethernet connection along with my wireless connection would not recognize the internet. I tried a number of things including reloading my drivers, using netsh program to try to reset my ip address along with other fixes I found on the internet, but nothing worked. Also, my computer freezes up if I try to use it after around 5 to 10 minutes and have to shut it down by the power button, which I know is not good. I was going to do a restore but that told me I would lose my Office 365 program, which I downloaded online from Microsoft and do not have a hard copy. One other thing, one of the fixes I tried told me that my Winsock files were corrupt so I deleted them. I am not sure if that is what I should have done and if not how can I redownload them?

My questions are if I go the route of a system restore could I burn a copy of my Office 365 program? Also, is there another way of fixing this problem other than doing a system restore. 

Thanks for any help you can give me. 

Glenn

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 AM

Posted 05 May 2016 - 05:18 AM

I also have Windows 10 and Office 365. No, you do not need to have a copy of Office 365 when you do a reset because all you have to do is go to the website and log into your account and it will download. I have done this MANY, MANY times. Microsoft does not care how often you do it.

Warning: It is a huge download and can take well over an hour to download Office 365, so be prepared. But in your situation, the reset is probably the best route to take.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users