Posted 04 May 2016 - 06:48 PM
Welcome one, and welcome all, to Ryuzaku's murderer game. I'm assuming all of you have IQ's higher than those of dead walruses, but in case you don't:
THIS GAME IS STRICTLY FICTIONAL! NO REAL MURDERS WILL OCCUR OVER THE COURSE OFF THIS GAME! ALL "MURDERS" AND "ARRESTS" ARE PURELY FICTION AND A RESULT OF THIS GAME, AND DO NOT IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER REFLECT THE ACTUAL WORLD, NOR IS IT MEANT TO ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO COMMIT SUCH ACTS.
With that out of the way,
the game sort of works like Mafia, if any of you have ever played that, but if you haven't, here' show my version of the game works.
1. All who wish to participate indicate so in the reply section.
2. If we have enough players (I'd say 12 is the minimum for a short game), I will choose using an RNG 1 murderer and 3-5 detectives, depending on the total players.
3. Every week, the murderer will private message me telling me who they'd like to kill. If I do not receive a message by the deadline, no one is murdered.
4. At the same time, every week, the detectives will discuss their choices of who they'd like to arrest. Each detective gets five votes, and they will each send me their votes by private message. Each vote must have the username of a player of the game. A single detective may vote for the same person as many times as they like, but they only have a max of five votes. They are not required to use all five. I will tally up the results, and the person with the most votes gets arrested. If there is multiple people at a tie, I will use an RNG to decide who our arrested is.
5. The day after the deadline, I will post an update here indicating who was arrested and who was murdered. If the murderer is arrested, the detectives win. If the murderer kills a detective, a new one is chosen by RNG.
6. The murderer wins by surviving until the "end" of the game. The end is a date that I will indicate depending on the number of participants.
7. The "transfer" command. If one user is a detective and no longer wishes to be so, and another user wishes to be a detective but is not, the user who is a detective may proposition to transfer his/her role to the other user. If both parties consent to the transfer, they may private message me and I will make the change. Please note that someone who has transferred can no longer return to being a detective through transfer, and must become one by inheriting the role from a fallen detective.
8. Someone who is "dead" is considered "out" of the game, which basically means they can no longer be elected to be arrested, nor can they be murdered again, nor can they become a detective. Someone who is arrested can no longer become a detective unless they are the very last option to replace a fallen detective. If a detective is arrested, he/she loses detective status. Arresteds can be murdered.
9. The people chosen by the detectives and murderers must be participants of the game. Any votes/murders with names of users who are not part of the game will be considered illegitimate, and will not be taken into account. I will include a list of these users in each update for the uses of the murderer and the detectives.
The murderer can BECOME a detective through both transfer or inheritance, but he will never start off as a detective.
A detective can get arrested by the other detectives, and the same consequences of being arrested apply.
The murderer can choose to not murderer anyone. To not murder anyone, they must either not message me by the deadline, or specifically indicate they would not like to murder anyone.
The detectives can also choose to arrest no one, by following the same steps as the murderer, however if I am to receive even one vote, an arrest will occur.
The detectives will be made aware of who the other detectives are. The general public will not.
The murderer will not be known by anyone except for me and those who they choose to tell.
The detectives will not know who the murderer is.
The murderer will not know who the detectives are.
ALL WHO WISH TO PLAY MUST JOIN BY TELLING ME IN THE COMMENTS BY WEDNESDAY MAY 11, 6:00 P.M. EASTERN DAYLIGHT TIME. THE GAME WILL OFFICIALLY COMMENCE ON THURSDAY MAY 12. THE UPDATES WILL OCCUR EVERY SUNDAY. ALL MURDERER AND DETECTIVE BALLOTS ARE DUE TO ME EVERY SATURDAY BY 8:00 P.M. EASTERN DAYLIGHT TIME.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I should answer pretty shortly.