I just upgraded to W10 from W8.1 last week, and been experiencing some very strange connection issues. Here are the symptoms:
- This happens about once every 1-2 days. It will only trigger if I resume computer from sleep/hibernate mode. I.e. it will not happen if I leave my computer on perpetually
- My connection is perfectly fine for normal browsing/downloads. Speedtest.net registers normal speed and ping. Chat clients/email work perfectly fine
- Wifi signal is full strength
- I'm only unable to connect to any online games. No I'm not at work, I'm at home and I'm not crazy enough to set port blocks for myself
- I've never had this issue on W7/8.1
- Restarting computer does not help
- IP release/renew/flush via CMD didn't fix problem
The only fix I found is to restart modem/router, but problem comes back after 1-2 days. But this can't be the only solution because then I'd be restarting them every single day?
- All drivers are up to date, at least anything related to connection
- I didn't install any new drivers or even any new programs after upgrading to W10
Is there something special about connecting to online games versus regular browsing? Anyone have a clue what could possibly be causing this?
Edited by Windbrand, 04 May 2016 - 04:53 PM.