Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Very weird connection problem after upgrading to W10

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Windbrand

Windbrand

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 04 May 2016 - 03:59 PM

I just upgraded to W10 from W8.1 last week, and been experiencing some very strange connection issues. Here are the symptoms:

• This happens about once every 1-2 days. It will only trigger if I resume computer from sleep/hibernate mode. I.e. it will not happen if I leave my computer on perpetually
  • My connection is perfectly fine for normal browsing/downloads. Speedtest.net registers normal speed and ping. Chat clients/email work perfectly fine
  • Wifi signal is full strength
  • I'm only unable to connect to any online games. No I'm not at work, I'm at home and I'm not crazy enough to set port blocks for myself
  • I've never had this issue on W7/8.1
  • Restarting computer does not help
  • IP release/renew/flush via CMD didn't fix problem

The only fix I found is to restart modem/router, but problem comes back after 1-2 days. But this can't be the only solution because then I'd be restarting them every single day?

• All drivers are up to date, at least anything related to connection
  • I didn't install any new drivers or even any new programs after upgrading to W10

Is there something special about connecting to online games versus regular browsing? Anyone have a clue what could possibly be causing this?

Edited by Windbrand, 04 May 2016 - 04:53 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 masterthemachines

masterthemachines

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 PM

Posted 04 May 2016 - 05:35 PM

Hello there, 

This issue could be related to Flash player not working in your browser. 

Which browser are you using to access online games? Does the issue persist on Chrome, Firefox and Edge? 

Also, please see the following article to try and fix possible Flash issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-10-edge.html

Hope this helps! 

#3 Windbrand

Windbrand
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 04 May 2016 - 06:53 PM

Online games as in MMO's and Steam, not browser games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users