Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP - Pavilion 17.3" Laptop - Intel Core i3 - 4GB - 1TB Hard Drive

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 04 May 2016 - 03:13 PM

What do you guys think of something like this?  Can't really afford more and shouldn't even be buying this.  My current pc needs an HD, and don't know if it is sensible to get one for it as it does not have the best of components.  For instance, Dual Booting with a Linux System would not be a good option because of the Hardware issues with it.  Have an extra HP (That is getting old) also with Linux on it that is super, but need Windows for some things.  And would rather Dual Boot with Linux to have all on one machine.  This one is on Sale!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-pavilion-17-3-laptop-intel-core-i3-4gb-1tb-hard-drive-horizontal-brushing-in-natural-silver/5058100.p?id=bb5058100&skuId=5058100

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 05 May 2016 - 02:00 PM

Glad I read into this further, there is no access to RAM, it is fixed, no upgrades possible?

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users