Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

This PC K Drive ?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 sportman12

sportman12

• Members
  • 304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 PM

Posted 04 May 2016 - 11:37 AM

In This Pc in my screenshot see DVD RW in k drive on the left side as you see I also want it to show on the right side it dose not can you tell me what to do to get it on both sides

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 06 May 2016 - 11:26 AM

Put a CD or DVD in the drive, and it'll show on the left also.  That's the way Windows 10 works, you don't see the drive on the left unless there's a disc in the drive.  

Good luck.

Edited by Niweg, 06 May 2016 - 11:26 AM.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#3 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,917 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 PM

Posted 06 May 2016 - 04:45 PM

Put a CD or DVD in the drive, and it'll show on the left also.  That's the way Windows 10 works, you don't see the drive on the left unless there's a disc in the drive.  

Good luck.

That's actually has never been true on any Windows 10 installation that I have dealt with;

2016-05-06_15-41-36_zpstsdggtzg.png

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#4 sportman12

sportman12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 304 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2016 - 04:51 PM

Rocky you mean In This Pc  DVD RW in k drive on the left side as you see I also want it to show on the right side it dose not can you tell me what to do to get it on both sides

#5 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,917 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2016 - 06:31 PM

I am sorry, I can not tell you how it is done. I have installed Windows 10 on close to a dozen different computers and it has always been automatic. Since this is clearly not the case for you, I do not know how to correct the situation.

Sorry.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#6 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 07 May 2016 - 09:54 AM

Rocky, in the display you posted, the DVD drive is showing on the right, but on the LEFT side it's not showing.  On the left side it skips from drive F to drive I, skipping your H drive which is your DVD drive.  If you have that displayed, then insert a disc in the drive, THEN you will see drive H on the left.  

Edited by Niweg, 07 May 2016 - 10:20 AM.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#7 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:43 AM

Nothing is wrong.  That's the way Windows works.

#8 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,917 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2016 - 11:18 AM

Rocky, in the display you posted, the DVD drive is showing on the right, but on the LEFT side it's not showing.  On the left side it skips from drive F to drive I, skipping your H drive which is your DVD drive.  If you have that displayed, then insert a disc in the drive, THEN you will see drive H on the left.  

The OP said it is already on his left side and he wants to show on his right side as well. So now I am confused by what is wanted and by who.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#9 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2016 - 12:06 PM

The OP obviously has his right and left hands mixed up.  Some surgery may be required.

#10 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,917 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2016 - 02:04 PM

OK then, you were right all along and I was confused. No harm no foul.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users