Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

TRUE KEY Invading my Laptop, Please help !

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Kez8

Kez8

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 AM

Posted 04 May 2016 - 11:05 AM

Hi folks, 
I installed the latest adobe flashplayer today.  However, unfortunately another program downloaded with it, called  " True Key "   I am unable to uninstall with my general "Uninstall programs " feature under the "Control panel " heading.
I did a bit of searching on the net to see what I could find out about this True key program, apparently, it is not good for computers, in general, slows them down etc.
I very much want to get rid of True Key, is there a straight forward simple way I can do it, Please ?
I have, incidently, already, searched for it under " Extensions" in my Firefox, but  this program does not appear there....

Edit: Moved topic from Windows Crashes, BSOD, and Hangs Help and Support to the more appropriate forum, ,for forum continuity. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 18,261 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 04 May 2016 - 11:16 AM

Hi Kez8 :)

True Key is a legitimate program developped by Intel.

https://www.truekey.com/?locale=en

It isn't malicious and safe to use. My guess is that you downloaded Adobe Flash Player directly from Adobe's website, and forgot to uncheck the promotional offers that came with it?

unite_blue.png
Technical Support, Tier 2 | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | R&D at Certly | @AuraTheWhiteHat
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 19,766 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2016 - 11:16 AM

Is this the application? If not in your Uninstall program list look for it in Addons or Extensions in your browser options.

https://help.truekey.com/hc/en-us/articles/212870718-How-do-I-uninstall-the-True-Key-app-from-my-Windows-device-

Edit: Aura beat me to it  :)  

Edited by JohnC_21, 04 May 2016 - 11:18 AM.

#4 Kez8

Kez8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2016 - 12:38 PM

Hi Aura, and John,  thank you so much for your swift replies,   but, believe it or not,  I actually managed to uninstall it, ~Myself !  :bananas:

Wonders will never cease  ...... :hysterical: 

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 19,766 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2016 - 01:07 PM

Thanks for the update. Could you post how you removed it if it was not listed in Uninstall Programs?

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 18,261 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2016 - 01:08 PM

Edit: Aura beat me to it :)

Fastest poster on BC ;)

Glad to see that you managed to uninstall it Kez :)

unite_blue.png
Technical Support, Tier 2 | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | R&D at Certly | @AuraTheWhiteHat
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#7 Kez8

Kez8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2016 - 06:11 AM

Thanks for the update. Could you post how you removed it if it was not listed in Uninstall Programs?

Well, how about I'm a super brill techno whizz, and used my own secret strategy... :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:   ...That's ok, folks show your full appreciation of my obvious brilliance .... :thumbsup2:

.... Well ok, that's not quite how it happened....

Like I said,  previously, I  had clicked “Uninstall programs “  several times, waited and waited…. Nothing happened… so I gave up ……   However !

I made a final attempt with the Uninstall feature, ~After, I had been on this forum…. Same thing happened… Nothing ! ….  So, in frustration I left it there, opened a new window and did further research on the internet…

Having exhausted my research, I clicked off the window, and then,  low and behold what should greet my eyes  but a large box with “ True Key uninstall “ waiting for me to click on it… so I did …. as the meerkat says ~  Simplez   :busy:

#8 emilyheronx

emilyheronx

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2016 - 11:11 AM

Hi everyone!

Seen some people come to this post looking for an answer when there wasn't really one, so here it is (I made an account specially to share this because it had been really annoying me).

Right click on the True Key desktop icon and choose show in folder. Back up to the folder which is just called True Key and there is a link to uninstall there. Its easy!

Emily xx 

#9 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 18,261 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2016 - 11:15 AM

You simply have to uninstall it from the Control Panel :)

unite_blue.png

#10 DustySkye

DustySkye

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 30 September 2016 - 11:36 AM

So i just had this problem and i never got a miracle pop up or anything in my uninstall files to get rid of this. SO. if you can't beat em, join em, right? I had to go find the actual site and do a proper download and then go back to uninstall it from my system. pain in the rear that i have to reboot it now (it's waiting to restart as i type this) but i figured if anyone else if having problems with this and getting as angry as i am i am obligated to help :P good luck people. Also, it still says i don;t have flash in my system. NOT A HAPPY KITTY!  :nono:

#11 aldrin007

aldrin007

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2016 - 03:15 PM

Had the same problem after uninstalling true key using RevoPro still remain after boot up witch was strange, the easiest way to remove it is to go to C:\Program Files and search the file true key and there you will find uninstall...

Edited by aldrin007, 17 October 2016 - 03:18 PM.

#12 sbbeeman

sbbeeman

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 28 October 2016 - 04:49 PM

I called Intel support at this number 1 (866) 622 3911 (option 1) and a tech walked me through this for Windows 10: Go to This PC> Windows© >Windows> The rest is from memory because the True Key folder disappeared after I found several files starting with Truekey ...uninstaller and I clicked the one with the .exe extenstion. 

#13 i900

i900

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 31 October 2016 - 10:53 PM

The software True Key was truly developed by Intel??? but for an unknown reason the Installer was from McAFee!!!?  For more information about the software you can check the link below:

http://www.shouldiremoveit.com/Intel-Security-True-Key-162344-program.aspx

After the (McAFee/Intel) True Key software was installed on the computer caused a lot of problems.  When the computer starts, the Windows Explorer keep crashing and restarting, the CPU meter gone up to 80-90% high.  The computer was running very slow.  virtually, you cannot use the computer to do anything.

Eventually, I manged to uninstall the McAFee's/Intel True Key software and the computer is now running like it should be.  My advice to you is, never install this sort of software. otherwise you never know who is watching you.

Enjoy IT.

#14 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 18,261 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2016 - 07:14 AM

McAfee is part of Intel Security.

unite_blue.png

#15 Skllcandy

Skllcandy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 16 November 2016 - 07:16 AM

Its in control panel --> uninstall programs.

its not called truekey but intel...truekey

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users