Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I think i am infected, please help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 imdeepster

imdeepster

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 04 May 2016 - 09:57 AM

Today, I used a pendrive of a friend on my computer, I had auto folder open on. the folder opened and later to find nothing on the pendrive but only a E:\ folder inside the pendrive, then when i clicked hidden items viewable, i saw the pendrive logo I went inside transferred my important document since it needed an immediate printing. My computer has turned very slow following that and there are various hidden documents now on my desktop like $w_microsoft.docx and several other files which i had created and used long back but never used in the near history. 

Please help me fix this , remove the virus and get back to my old computer speed.

Thanks alot for help in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Struppigel

Struppigel

Karsten Hahn, G DATA Malware Analyst

• Malware Response Team
  • 231 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 PM

Posted 04 May 2016 - 10:17 PM

Hello imdeepster

My name is Marie Curie. Considering that your system and USB drives most likely have a worm infection, I kindly ask you to follow the instructions here.

Please open a new thread in Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and post the logs there (FRST.txt and Addition.txt as instructed by the Preparation Guide). We will proceed with malware removal in that new thread.

Note: Consider any removable drives that got into contact with your computer as infected. Do not use any of these drives on other computers. Do not use your computer for anything important like online banking.

Marie Curie

Edited by Curie, 04 May 2016 - 10:21 PM.

#3 imdeepster

imdeepster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 05 May 2016 - 08:35 AM

Thanks for the tip curie, i have created a post in the afore mentioned forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users