Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

About 5 sec black screen before welcome screen.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MJPC

MJPC

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 AM

Posted 04 May 2016 - 09:05 AM

Hello.

I have dualboot desktop pc with win7 and windows 8.1

Problem is in win 8.1 boot:

PC starts booting normal, then comes OS selection menu, (i select win 8.1) then about 5 seconds is win 8.1 logo loading screen and then comes about 5 sec black screen and then comes 5 sec welcome screen. How to repair this?

Before was same problem in win 7, then i updated video drivers and it was ok then, but not now.

I have zonealarm free and panda free antivirus all updated. windows is also updated.

I put some screenshots, maybe someone can give me some directions what to look.

I just in case uninstalled zonealarm, but still same problem.

These are fresh clean installs.

http://i65.tinypic.com/5l7yiq.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/xfrbt1.jpg

Is the black screen before winlogon.exe?

I have very beginner level with wpa and xperf.

Thank you. :mellow:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,483 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 AM

Posted 04 May 2016 - 11:10 AM

You have two antivirus programs running.  You should only have one antivirus install on a computer at a time.  I would suggest that you uninstall of these.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Using more than one anti-virus program is not advisable. Why? The primary concern with doing so is due to Windows resource management and significant conflicts that can arise especially when they are running in real-time protection mode simultaneously. Even if one of them is disabled for use as a stand-alone on demand scanner, it can affect the other and cause conflicts. Anti-virus software components insert themselves deep into the operating systems core where they install kernel mode drivers that load at boot-up regardless of whether real-time protection is enabled or not. Thus, using multiple anti-virus solutions can result in kernel mode conflicts causing system instability, catastrophic crashes, slow performance and waste vital system resources. When actively running in the background while connected to the Internet, each anti-virus may try to update their definition databases at the same time. As the programs compete for resources required to download the necessary files this often can result in sluggish system performance or unresponsive behavior.

Credit for this information goes to quietman7.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 alien_fx_fiend

alien_fx_fiend

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 AM

Posted 07 May 2016 - 07:08 AM

I have this problem too.Once I fixed it by using an MS theme instead of my user theme mod.I accidentally lost my background while using Teamviewer & once I re-applied it,the black screen delayed start prob emerged again.Stop using UXStyle themes & also try a different theme.**It used to be worse,I only got a black screen & Windows Metro UI wouldn't work--while I used my theme mod--also Welcome screen wouldn't appear & I had no way of signing-in to my Outlook account (had to wait many hours till it reloaded properly.)Anyway this was fixed (once the password was removed) by Signing-out & back in using StartIsBack+.The worst thing that happened to me was when some article suggested deleting SoftwareDistribution folder & then Metro UI would fail completely--luckily I ran SFC (I have no Win 8.1 disks) & some other Fixit/diagnostics apps.Luckily it's resolved now & I have to be extra-cautious.Win 8.1 is nothing but trouble.Linux [Sabayon & Red Hat 9 (now Fedora 15)] is worse!!

Edited by alien_fx_fiend, 07 May 2016 - 07:16 AM.

~The Worlds Deceit Has Raped My Soul, We Melt The Plastic People Down Then We Melt Their Plastic Town~

alien.PNG

#4 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 AM

Posted 07 May 2016 - 07:24 AM

UxStyle manipulates system files and the Software Distribution folder is a system folder.  If you interfere with system files and folders and something goes wrong, who is to blame?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users