Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to install Windows on ZOTAC H67 ITX WiFi mobo

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LMPJR88

LMPJR88

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 03 May 2016 - 09:31 PM

I'm new to building PCs so please bear with me lol.

I recently installed an Intel Core i3 processor ( i3-3250 / LGA 1155 - "Ivy Bridge") onto a ZOTAC H67 ITX mobo ("Sandy Bridge") ... The system boots up fine but when attempting to install Windows 7 ( or any Windows OS for that matter) the system tends to stall on the initial phase of the installation (ie "What language do you want to install Windows in?" screen) 

Is this because of that the processor is Ivy and the mobo is Sandy??? If so, how do I update BIOS? I read somewhere that I would have to use a "Sandy-Bridge" processor to update/upgrade the mobo to"Ivy"?? Do I have to buy another processor just to convert to Ivy??

Thank you in advance !!!  

Edited by hamluis, 04 May 2016 - 01:38 PM.
Moved from System Building to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,626 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 PM

Posted 04 May 2016 - 06:15 AM

Can you access the BIOS screen? This problem is odd and I researched all of the components that you mentioned, you might be having a CPU seating issue. I hope someone here can help you.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,580 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 PM

Posted 04 May 2016 - 08:37 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGA_1155

Sandy Bridge chipsets, except Q65, Q67 and B65, support both Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge CPUs through a BIOS upgrade.[3]Sandy Bridge based processors officially support up to DDR3-1333 memory, however in practice speeds up to DDR3-2133 have been tested to work successfully.[4]

You may need to do a BIOS upgrade but I would try a linux install and see if that works before doing a BIOS flash. I would also boot a diagnostic disk to test your memory and hard drive. UBCD is good for this.

I looked at your MB support page and could not find a BIOS upgrade for IVY bridge processors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users