Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dvd-rw And Dvd-rom Will Not Work

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rkcjason

rkcjason

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 06 August 2006 - 03:34 PM

My DVD drives have worked perfectly for a couple of years now, so I know they were installed correctly. They will open and close, but I cannot see them in My Computer. I went to Add New Hardware in the Control Panel, and went through all of that and it did find them, but there were little yellow triangles next to them with an exclamation point in the middle. When I clicked Next it said: Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19). I clicked Finish and it took me to a troubleshooting page that told me to uninstall them, and then reinstall them. I did that and it is the same problem. Could someone help me with this, thanks very much in advance for the help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 07 August 2006 - 12:56 AM

Place you XP cd in the drive and run.. Start> Run> sfc /scannow
It sounds like you CD driver or .dll file are damaged.
You can also check the event viewer. Start> Programs> Administrative Tools> Event Viewer
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 rkcjason

rkcjason
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 07 August 2006 - 12:01 PM

I think my XP CD is long lost. I will keep looking for it or I will try to get a new one from somewhere for free, but what should I look for in the Event Viewer?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users