Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Finally posting after years of lurking!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dan the IT Man

Dan the IT Man

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 03 May 2016 - 04:12 PM

I'm Dan. I go by ERMAHDERD in gaming circles these days, because it makes me laugh. And because ERMAHDERD (I'm a dad in ERMAHGERD speech - it makes me laugh). I'm expecting my 2nd child almost any time now and I love nothing so much as I love being a father. I've messed with computers since I can remember. My first was an Apple IIc. I played Maniac Mansion and other greats on 5.25" floppies and loved it. I fell in loved with Heroes of Might & Magic games (HOMM) and Warcraft, then Starcraft, then others. I met my wife through Soldiers of Fortune II: Double Helix on *O.B.C* servers (just in case, for fun, anybody knows anything about this). My life is firmly rooted to PC's with all this. I built my first in 2006 and have built and supported dozens more. Even so, I'm still an amateur. I have learned some tricks, but I'm no pro.

I'm grateful to the site - I've been a lurker here for years, helping friends and colleagues with what I've found here. Donated to the 'defense fund' personally and professionally because I believe in what this place does for the community.

That's me. I try to be happy, try to laugh. Glad to make your acquaintance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 AM

Posted 03 May 2016 - 04:27 PM

Welcome to BC !

1 and 3/4 kids and you still have time for gaming and fooling around with computers ?  I am impressed !

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

#3 Dan the IT Man

Dan the IT Man
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 03 May 2016 - 04:33 PM

Haha not so much time anymore. I do PC work more now. I work at a small business where we don't actually have an IT department. I worked at building PC's, and I can maintain an end-user PC just fine. I'm out of my league with servers and most networking, though.

My only gaming these days comes playing HOMM while 'watching tv' with my wife, or when everybody else is sleeping!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users