Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I Backup All my Mac Mail database in one storage place of my choice?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 HenryWinnick

HenryWinnick

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 03 May 2016 - 02:57 PM

Hello Everyone, I have been too frustated with my apple mail system being loosing or getiing corrupted mails many times. Professionally I am an interior designer and i receiver considerable amount of emails daily with heavy attachments. Many times I have sufferent mail loss due to un explainable reasons. Now I am looking for a solution for this errand. Is there any kind of backup procedure available where i can backup my apple mail database and retrieve it back at a y time i want. Also i want control over the storage where i can store the backed up file like my external hard drive, or any usb drive or cloud. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DannyAnderson

DannyAnderson

• Banned Spammer
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2016 - 07:01 PM

You can take backup of you emails by Exporting Mailbox at your selected location in your computer or laptop.
You just need to right click on Mailbox at right sidebar then select Export Mailbox,you can see the displayed image at belowThen choose location where you want to export in hard drive and click choose. After sometime you all email from selected mailbox will be exported at selected destination and it will not erase any email. All your emails will work as same as earlier and you have created a backup of your mailbox too.
There are many other solutions available as well. One which i found usefull was spam link deleted. Find more details on the link. Thanks

Edited by Queen-Evie, 28 May 2016 - 07:35 PM.

#3 HenryWinnick

HenryWinnick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2016 - 02:32 AM

You can take backup of you emails by Exporting Mailbox at your selected location in your computer or laptop.
You just need to right click on Mailbox at right sidebar then select Export Mailbox,you can see the displayed image at belowThen choose location where you want to export in hard drive and click choose. After sometime you all email from selected mailbox will be exported at selected destination and it will not erase any email. All your emails will work as same as earlier and you have created a backup of your mailbox too.
There are many other solutions available as well. One which i found usefull was spam link deleted.  Find more details on the link. Thanks

Thanks for the solution Danny, i must say this tool is a relief. :)

Edited by Queen-Evie, 28 May 2016 - 07:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users