Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

atikmdag.sys and ntoskrnl.exe repeating problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jyaefuri_san

jyaefuri_san

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2016 - 12:43 PM

Good day!

I am new to this community and my first community in this category. I am still learning computer troubleshooting techniques nowadays because we have a small net shop in our place and it is important that I have to manage this kind of problems. I recently have this redundant bsod on ntoskrnl.exe and atikmdag.sys. , even if i tried to apply some tips to solve this problem. I will enclose my event log so that my problems might be finally solved. :) By the way, I am from Philippines and our 6 computer sets were bought as package.

Specs:

cpu: A6-7400k

mobo: asus a68m-e

memory:  dynet/apotop 4gb ddr3 1600mhz

hdd: 1tb marshall

psu: fortress 

With your expertise, I am confident that you can help me with this. 

Thank you and looking forward for results.

Respectfully yours,

jyaefuri_san

Attached Files

• Attached File  MTB.txt   19.43KB   2 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 03 May 2016 - 04:51 PM

From the error report, you're having a STOP 0x1A BSOD error.
More info on that here:  http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html#0x0000001A

Unfortunately, the MTB report isn't enough to fully diagnose this problem.

Please run this report collecting tool so that we can provide a complete analysis:  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/
When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location. (By default it'll be a .zip file located on your Desktop)
Simply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.

If it doesn't work for you, then please try this:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

Here's some advice about errors that list ntoskrnl.exe:

ntoskrnl.exe (also seen as ntkrnlpa.exe, ntkrnlmp.exe, or ntkrpamp.exe) is the kernel (core) of the Windows operating system.  It is protected by security features and the Windows System File Checker.  As such, if this file was to blame, you'd be experiencing many more problems other than the occasional BSOD.

In most cases this file is blamed because another file (typically a 3rd party driver) has corrupted the memory space that ntoskrnl.exe considers as it's own.  When this happens, ntoskrnl.exe typically finds unknown data (from the 3rd party driver) in it's memory space.  At this point the OS panics and throws a BSOD to prevent damage to the system.

More info here:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ntoskrnl.exe

As you also have errors relating to atikmdag.sys, the video card is the prime suspect at this time.

First, try replacing the drivers for the video card.  To do this you'll:

- download a fresh set of the latest compatible video drivers from the system manufacturer's website.

If not able to find them there, then try the Asus website for your motherboard (I can't locate that model on the Asus website, but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have them either as not many systems have built in AMD graphics)

If not able to find them, there, then get them from the AMD website: 

- then uninstall the video drivers from the Control Panel...Programs and Features.

If unable to uninstall them from there, uninstall them in Device Manager by right clicking on them and selecting "Uninstall"  If it asks if you want to remove the software, check the box (for yes) and then click on OK.

- then install the freshly downloaded video drivers

- then monitor for further problems.

If further problems occur, you can run these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

Please start with the video tests as we suspect that this is a video issue.

Good luck!

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 05 May 2016 - 04:48 AM

Thank you for letting me know about your lack of a discreet GPU.

The tests remain the same - but you may have to make some adjustments as you cannot remove the card.

I was not able to find a link to your motherboard on the Asus website - could you please provide one?

In most cases, there'll be a PCIe slot that you can try another graphics card it (if we need to suggest this later on).

Also, in that case, either the built in GPU will automatically disable itself - or you may have to disable it in the BIOS

But this is not necessary at this point - just follow my suggestions for testing - and post any questions/uncertainties that you may have.

Good luck!

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users