Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

EPSON XP 205 PRINTER PROBLEMS RESOLVED UBUNTU 16.04LTS

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 lacey16

lacey16

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 03 May 2016 - 05:33 AM

Hi all    I started this thread hoping it may help someone having similar problems.  I spent a week trying to get my printer to work and in the process managed to break my sources list. Thankfully now fully restored thanks to massive help from this forum.

My printer was recognised ok and green checked as working and the print jobs appeared in the job queue ok but there they remained "status stopped." Tried loads of conflicting advice on lots of forums and then found this:

First turn off printer/delete printer.  

sudo
apt-get install printer-driver-escpr

Switch printer on and then add printer select type of connection DNS-SD and then  ESC/P-R and Ubuntu will add printer succesfully.

In my case it was a filter problem and this resolved it by installing the Epson Filters.

File list of package printer-driver-escpr in trusty of architecture arm64

/usr/lib/cups/driver/escpr
/usr/lib/cups/filter/epson-escpr
/usr/lib/cups/filter/epson-escpr-wrapper
/usr/lib/printer-driver-escpr/libescpr.so.1
/usr/lib/printer-driver-escpr/libescpr.so.1.0.0
/usr/share/cups/ppd-updaters/printer-driver-escpr.ppd-updater
/usr/share/doc/printer-driver-escpr/changelog.Debian.gz
/usr/share/doc/printer-driver-escpr/copyright

I used this for Epson XP205. If you also d/l driver make sure you use the correct architecture i386 32 bit or 86amd 64 bit It can be used for most Epson Inkjet printers 

Finally Ubuntu 16.04 should now be in full working order.  Resolved the printer, internet, and sound problems . The updater still wont load epson driver but does everything else ok.  How can I remover this driver from the update repository please.  Thanks

Edited by lacey16, 03 May 2016 - 05:34 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users