Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Galaxy Tab 2 and logging in to hotmail

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 hogesinwa

hogesinwa

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Location:Crossed the Atlantic, via Havana. Now in Tampa Bay area for a while.
  • Local time:08:15 PM

Posted 03 May 2016 - 05:14 AM

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.  I use Hotmail as my main email address.  I changed the password on my Hotmail.  Now, the Samsung won’t connect to update my email and I can’t find anywhere at all to enter the new Hotmail password into the Samsung email to tell it what the new password is. 

If I have to delete then reinstall it, there are settings I don’t understand, like what kind of email it is.

Can anyone point me to where I can do this?  TIA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 I_Just_Post_Here

I_Just_Post_Here

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 AM

Posted 03 May 2016 - 04:18 PM

If you head into settings > accounts
You should find the email account in there, simply enter your new password and apply the changes.

#3 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 PM

Posted 03 May 2016 - 10:25 PM

Which email app are you using? The default gmail app?
Proud system builder, modder, and watercooler.

GitHub | SoundCloud | Keybase

#4 hogesinwa

hogesinwa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2016 - 07:20 AM

Hi

I use Hotmail. (I do have a dormant gmail account, the use of which is important later)

When I go to Settings > Accounts, I do not have email showing.  I do have a Microsoft Exchange but that is all.  When I investigate further, with “Add Account”, I can see that many of the circles are clicked but email is blank.  If I click on email, I get taken to an email setup page.  When I key in my email account, I get told it already is already in use and I can’t go any further.

If I add another email account (my gmail one), I get taken to the same screen and it goes through ok, and now appears on my email accounts.  However, and this may be important, when I go to Settings > Accounts, there is still NO email showing and when I go into Add Account, the email button is unclicked again.

If I add my Yahoo email (again, rarely used) I get taken to a page that asks what sort of account it is e.g. POP3 or IMAP or something else.  None of this makes any sense to me at all so I don’t proceed with it.

I thought of deleting the Hotmail account and then reinstalling it but I can’t even find a way of deleting it.  If I “Remove Account”, all it does is remove the Gmail account I just added, not the Hotmail account.

If I look at the Microsoft Exchange thing, I get told Master Sync is disabled and even though there are multiple buttons saying “Sync Now”, none of them sync anything and then once more I get told that I couldn’t sign in to Hotmail.

Edited by hogesinwa, 04 May 2016 - 07:22 AM.

#5 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 PM

Posted 04 May 2016 - 10:22 AM

Which email app are you using on your device? This is very important.
Proud system builder, modder, and watercooler.

GitHub | SoundCloud | Keybase

#6 hogesinwa

hogesinwa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2016 - 10:48 AM

Hi again. I use the "app" that came with the Samsung. I have not added any downloaded email apps. It shows on my screen as a white envelope with a red circle with @ inside the circle. When I go to Settings > Application Manager it does not appear in the list of apps. It also does not appear in "Accounts"

#7 hogesinwa

hogesinwa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2016 - 12:43 PM

Hi ScathEnfys.
i managed to fix it! A tick-box came up today when I was fiddling around that let me delete the account. I've now reinstalled it and it seems to be working, although I only have one day of emails in there so far. Thanks for helping out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users