Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet wouldn't connect to certain websites for a period of time

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SylarZero

SylarZero

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 03 May 2016 - 01:19 AM

Sorry I posted this in the wrong forum earlier.  I missed this one.

My computer is Windows 7 Professional.   It's almost three years old, and I haven't had any trouble on it until recently.

Despite my internet being connected tonight, I found there were websites I could not access.  In fact I couldn't access any of them.  Eventually I was able to access google, and then later a couple of other sites, but never too many at a time.  Then more websites started to work, but others wouldn't work.  I called my ISP, but they weren't able to detect a problem.  

I put my computer in safe mode and was able to come here for help.  I've done a malwarebytes scan, but nothing came up.  For some reason this also seemed to effect my PS3 (connected wirelessly to my modem)

I'm at my wits end, and have no idea what to do.  Help would be much appreciated. I'm not sure if this is malware related or not.  My ISP seemed to think it could be a problem with the system, though I'm now able to access this forum and any other website without problem without being in safe mode.  I'd think that if my PS3 had trouble connecting, that it wouldn't be malware, but I'm not as computer savvy as I'd like to be.  (I'm not computer incompetent either thanks to working with computers for most of my life)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 05 May 2016 - 08:36 PM

Have you tried resetting your router/...?

This is usually achieved by inserting a paperclip into a tiny hole located on the router.....google your router model number to determine exactly where it is.

Press the paperclip end in and hold it in for approx 20 seconds...then release it and wait for the router to boot back up again

Note Be sure  you have the password for your internet a/c/router BEFORE you start.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users