Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Crash on GeForce supported games

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 KireiImouto

KireiImouto

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 02 May 2016 - 02:54 PM

Hello, all. I recently built my new gaming computer, and all is working well until I try to play the following three games: 
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Fallout: New Vegas
Far Cry 3

The odd thing is, I've had them work before, and if I attempt to spam their launches, they eventually go through with launching and run perfectly fine until I shut off again. Once the PC is turned off and cools down, the problem immediately starts again. I have no idea what really triggers the crashing of them. The only GeForce supported game of mine that doesn't crash when I launch it is Saint's Row 4, which always launches immediately with no sort of crash. I've talked to numerous people, and none of them seem to know what the problem is, so I was hoping someone here could guide me, any information in the slightest would be helpful.

Specs:

Processor AMD FX™-6300 Six-Core Processor

Manufacturer AMD

Speed 3.5 GHz

Number of Cores 6

Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

Manufacturer NVIDIA

Chipset GeForce GTX 960

Dedicated Memory 3.0 GB

Total Memory 4.0 GB

Memory 8.0 GB

Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit Service Pack 1 Size 64 Bit Edition Ultimate Display Maximum Resolution 1366 x 768

Edited by KireiImouto, 02 May 2016 - 03:01 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 07 May 2016 - 07:50 PM

Is your machine using the latest drivers and do you have all windows updates?
Proud system builder, modder, and watercooler.

GitHub | SoundCloud | Keybase

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users