Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Do I have a bad graphics card?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CluelessJohn

CluelessJohn

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 AM

Posted 02 May 2016 - 11:00 AM

Having a difficult time matching color on my two monitors. #1 is Samsung S24E310 LCD. #2 is Samsung SyncMaster. Graphics card is AMC 7700 using the HDMI and DVI outputs. I've adjusted color until I'm blue in the face (pun intended). Too simplify, while neither monitor displays spot-on color, the poorest color reproduction follows the feed. In other words, a reddish tint on the HDMI feed on monitor #1, becomes the same reddish tint on monitor #2 if I switch the cable to that monitor. I finally bought an X-Rite ColorMunki Smile dual monitor calibration device. The results were no better and in fact, a little worse.

I've tried adjusting with both the Samsung controls and the Windows 10 calibration procedure. To keep consistent, I then made my own digital color calibration chart using Photoshop with bars of white, black, true red, true green, true blue, yellow, cyan, and magenta. Dragging this chart from screen to screen, the differences are obvious, mostly in the blues and reds. I tried changing the DVI cord. No joy. Have not changed out the HDMI cord.

So do I have a bad card or what? If so, any recommendations?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bc0306

bc0306

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2016 - 07:20 PM

no, it is normal, the differences in the port make the image different because the hdmi is high definition while dvi has different layout meaning it will send a different image pattern through the cable and make the image different

Don't even think about it if your not sure

#3 CluelessJohn

CluelessJohn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:59 AM

Finally, the answer I've been looking for. So appreciate you taking time to clear this up. Many thanks.

#4 bc0306

bc0306

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:05 AM

your welcome

Don't even think about it if your not sure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users