Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

envelope setting in lotus approach reverts back to 8.5 x 11 size

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jamie5455

jamie5455

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 AM

Posted 02 May 2016 - 09:22 AM

Hi all, I'm new here and hope someone can help me. Recently my employer bought me a new computer to replace my old xp model. New comp was windows 7 and I upgraded to 10. I installed the Lotus Smart Suite disks, 9.5 I believe and also copied all my work dbf, apr and adx files to a flash drive and copied to new computer. I have used Lotus Approach for bozillion years and do not want to give it up :)

1st problem I've run into so far which I hope is an easy fix. When I go to my apr file and click on the tab for envelope, I select #10 envelope as the print setting, using the bypass tray, click on properties again and make sure that page has the correct settings (never understood why I would have to do that) then click ok which brings me back to the print setting page but it has changed to 8.5 x 11???? Always reverts back to that, will not retain the envelope setting so I can print it.

Also noticed in old comp that there are saved settings in the lower right hand corner on the 2nd properties page but I have none in the new computer. I know this is lengthy but tried to be as clear as possible as to whats going on - please help - and thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 AM

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:24 AM

It looks like IBM has ended support for Lotus SmartSuite.  It appears that this software was written for Windows XP and earlier, although it has been reported to work on Windows Vista and Windows 7.  With this in mind, it's quite possible you could encounter compatibility issues if you use Lotus SmartSuite in Windows 10.  You may also get better support if you post the Lotus SmartSuite forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users