Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

dell laptop bios damaged

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Sasuke1

Sasuke1

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2016 - 07:33 AM

when i try to increase video ram of intel hd 300 i download software like bios when i install that bios flashing started and it take long time to finished so i press the power button and off laptop after some time when i try to open it it is not opening nothing happen no charge no lights what is the problem and how to fix it somebody help plz...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,244 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 PM

Posted 02 May 2016 - 07:48 AM

Was this a BIOS flash? The flash may have gone bad and your computer is now bricked.

The only thing I can suggest is to powercycle the computer. Pull the power cord and if a laptop also remove the main battery. Hold the power button down for 30 seconds. Attach the power cord and replace the battery. Reboot. 

If this is a desktop there is usually a jumper to reset the BIOS. On a laptop you could remove the CMOS battery if it is easily accessed. 

What is the make and model of the computer? What file did you use to flash the BIOS? Can you link to the page you downloaded the file from?

Edit: I overlooked the title of the post and now know you have a Dell laptop. Can you provide the model number or better the service tag number which will be on the bottom of the computer or in the battery compartment.

Edited by JohnC_21, 02 May 2016 - 08:05 AM.

#3 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2016 - 08:09 AM

Yes, you bricked your computer by interrupting it.  You may have to get a new motherboard.

#4 Sasuke1

Sasuke1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:24 AM

model no dell 4050 2nd generation i3
model no dell 4050 2nd generation i3

#5 LiamP5

LiamP5

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 PM

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:36 AM

Can give us appreciate link of your laptop? I think you should change motherboard.
To achieve something first try
to get the knowledge about it.
Be happy, always try
for it
.......................Lets do it and learn from bleepingcomputer.com Never feel alone

#6 LiamP5

LiamP5

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:48 AM

no the model is dell n4050 and is this the link http://www.dell.com/my/p/inspiron-14-intel-n4050/pd is it right
Be happy, always try
for it
.......................Lets do it and learn from bleepingcomputer.com Never feel alone

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,244 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:51 AM

When you press the power button do you get any activity or is the computer essentially dead? If you get some activity then it may be possible to reflash the firmware in DOS using a bootable flash drive. If you get no activity then the computer is bricked. 

#8 Sasuke1

Sasuke1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2016 - 08:23 PM

No i didnt get any activity

#9 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,244 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2016 - 08:39 PM

You will have to contact Dell support. You will either need a new motherboard or new firmware chip. 

#10 Sasuke1

Sasuke1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2016 - 08:39 PM

http://www.mediafire.com/download/knjd1pddfb5ot92/afuwingui+y+ambicp+K84LAS.209.rar this is the link where i downloaded that bios file

#11 LiamP5

LiamP5

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2016 - 08:42 PM

Then what was the name of that software. It damaged your bios and now you should buy a new motherboard on http://m.aliexpress.com/item/596348540.html?tracelog=storedetail2mobilesitedetail and it is under $120 which should compatable for you laptop.
Be happy, always try
for it

#12 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2016 - 08:05 AM

Why in the world would you download an unknown file from MediaFire??  Downloading an unknown file is just asking for trouble.  Since you have a Dell computer, you should go to Dell for BIOS updates.  Now that the damage is done, you need a new motherboard.

@cz097rj, something is wrong with your link - it doesn't work.  Please check and repost the link.

#13 LiamP5

LiamP5

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2016 - 11:26 AM

i'm sorry for that buy from http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Inspiron-N4050-Intel-Laptop-Motherboard-CN-01X1HJ-1X1HJ-Tested-FREE-DHL-/161228334467 you will get here also its chinese thats not matter.
Be happy, always try
for it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users