Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System requirements for playing PC games....

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Andrew77

Andrew77

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 01 May 2016 - 11:42 AM

Hello, I have a question regarding graphics cards, mainly. I have a hard time distinguishing whether my graphics card meets the requirements of a game I wish to play. The specs below are what are required to run the game. I will post my system specs below them as well. It would help me a great deal if you could point me in the right direction. Perhaps there is a web site that lists different graphics cards from "Oldest to newest"?? (That'd be a Godsend). 

MINIMUM: 
Processor: Intel Core2 Duo T7600 @ 2.33GHz or AMD Athlon 64 FX-60 Dual Core 
Memory: 4 GB RAM 
Graphics: nVidia GeForce 520M or Intel HD 4000 
DirectX: Version 9.0 
Storage: 1 GB available space 
Additional Notes: Two-button mouse strongly recommended. Spec may be subject to revisions during Early Access.

RECOMMENDED: 
Processor: Intel Core i5 750 @ 2.67GHz or AMD Phenom II X4 945 
Memory: 6 GB RAM 
Graphics: nVidia GeForce GTX 260 or ATI Radeon HD 5670 
DirectX: Version 9.0 
Storage: 2 GB available space 
Additional Notes: Two-button mouse strongly recommended. Spec may be subject to revisions during Early Access.

MY PC:
Processor:AMD A8 6410 APU (Quad core if that means anything) :))) 
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: AMD R5 Radeon (2.0 Ghz) (1GB)
DirectX: 11

So yep, that's all of it. I hope you can help me out with this because every time I go to download a new game I just cross my fingers and hope it runs nicely. Most of the time it does. This Laptop was "Mid-high end" in 2014, as you can see from the specs it's not half bad. I'm just hesitant about downloading some of the newer games. Thank you so much for your time. After all time is money, and being that this is a free service you guys provide here, your time is appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,382 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 01 May 2016 - 01:02 PM

Your GPU is much more powerful than minimum GPU specs. So for graphics side, there should be no problem. CPU is somewhat slower than recommended CPU's, but as your APU is only 15 watt part, no surprise there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users