Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wiring Harness

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Artbuc

Artbuc

• Members
  • 201 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 01 May 2016 - 03:18 AM

Just started thinking about building my own rig. See everything I need on PCPartsPicker except the wiring harness(es). Is wiring part of the case? How do you specify it? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rqt

rqt

• Members
  • 389 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 PM

Posted 01 May 2016 - 04:30 AM

Generally a case will come with the wiring for the case switches & case indicator lights or displays. The PSU will come with wiring to motherboard, graphics card(s) & drives. Cooling fans will connect either to the motherboard or to the PSU power connectors. If you're doing some case lighting you may require some wiring but this will become clearer after the machine is built.

#3 Artbuc

Artbuc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 201 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 01 May 2016 - 05:18 AM

Thanks rqt! That clears things up, much easier than I thought.

Edited by Artbuc, 01 May 2016 - 05:19 AM.

#4 rqt

rqt

• Members
  • 389 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 PM

Posted 01 May 2016 - 05:23 AM

Forgot to mention front panel audio & USB connections - they should also come with the case.

#5 Fascist Nation

Fascist Nation

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 AM

Posted 05 May 2016 - 04:46 PM

yes, it is all there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users