Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not permitted to upload picture

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Zimzie

Zimzie

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 AM

Posted 30 April 2016 - 07:14 PM

I just registered here about half an hour ago.

I was just trying to upload a picture and I'm being given an extraordinarily difficult time.    

I thought that uploading a user photo would be easy like it is on Facebook and on other websites.   

Every time I choose a picture I get a screen message that the image is too large.   

I could easily be here all night just trying to create a dignified profile.   

I have tried pictures both from the web and from my computer and each one is being rejected.

Edited by Zimzie, 30 April 2016 - 07:15 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 05 May 2016 - 04:14 PM

Not all sections of BC allow uploading images, for a detailed list of which sections allow attaching images see #7 by Queen-Evie in this topic -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503767/how-to-attach-screenshot/

I note that the Mac OS section is not included in the list. However you can post a link to an image in any section. Personally I use Dropbox but there umpteen others to chose from. The procedure is generally identical. Register / create  an account, upload your image(s), get the link, paste the link into your next post.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2016 - 04:32 PM

Chris, I believe the OP was having an issue with uploading an acceptable image for her avatar.  Most likely there are restrictions relating to size or dimension of an image that can be used for an avatar.  That information doesn't appear to be readily available anywhere on Bleeping Computer's forums.  Nevertheless, the OP appears to have solved the issue on her own not long after creating this thread.

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 06 May 2016 - 04:00 PM

'And confusion to my enemies !'

Misunderstood that bit - took it to mean Zimzie was trying to up load a screenshot or similar. And it's quite a stylish avatar too !

Chris Cosgrove

#5 Zimzie

Zimzie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:15 PM

I solved the problem by thinking of it in a simplistic way which I didn't expect to work.

I thought if the image is too large then I'll take a smaller screen shot that only includes a small fraction of the picture.

This immediately worked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users