Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mozilla Firefox 45, on Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Durleyrl

Durleyrl

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 AM

Posted 30 April 2016 - 04:04 PM

Hello all !

I have never posted before, but have certainly learned a great deal from all you experts out there.  I am wondering if there is someone out here who can post a tutorial on how to get (or enable) I believe is the correct term, firefox to run java in it's browser.  I have everything loaded as far as the latest java, and the console settings, etc. but I cannot get firefox to recognize java...it always says   "you need a plugin to to view this"...For security reasons, ..Mozilla turned off the plugin which worked so well before...in my opinion.  I have an older version of firefox on my laptop, and am fortunate to have the plugins already installed there, but I am unable to find them for the new firefox.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!  Robert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TulsaRose

TulsaRose

• Members
  • 367 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2016 - 05:23 PM

Robert, this Mozilla Support article may be of some help.  Also be sure you are running the latest version of Firefox v.46.0. 

Another Mozilla article to take a look at is the system requirements page .  At the top of that page you can choose the Add-ons tab then select the topic that fits best.

Hope this information is of some help to you.

Rosie

WinXP Pro sp3 \ Firefox, Panda, MBAM, SAS, SpywareBlaster

#3 TulsaRose

TulsaRose

• Members
  • 367 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2016 - 05:44 PM

Robert, this Mozilla Support article may be of some help.  Also be sure you are running the latest version of Firefox v.46.0. 

Another Mozilla article to take a look at is the system requirements page .  At the top of that page you can choose the Add-ons tab then select the topic that fits best.

Hope this information is of some help to you.

Firefox%20and%20Java_1.jpg

Rosie

#4 Durleyrl

Durleyrl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2016 - 10:48 PM

Just an update for those of you who took the time to offer your resources, time, patience, and good luck wishes:

Sometimes we just need to get away from the computer, forget about what we "think" we did  in our lives to warrant such a tumultuous unforgiving computer polter4geist moment....and just walk away.

And today...the stress, angst, hair pulling (oops, I was bald before this experience)....seemed unimportant.  Why?  Because I have been saved! 

Not like a biblical awakening, but more likened to an accidental discovery.  The stars aligned, my logitech wireless keyboard lights began flashing, and I mentally prepared myself for what I thought was to become a "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure !    Okay, Okay...perhaps a bit melodramatic there , but it really was a light-bulb, teachable moment for me!!!!

The moral of that moment: just keep tinkering, tweaking, and try your hardest to connect the cyberdots, but don't give up.  When all the expert solutions don't seem to get the job done....finding backdoors can sometimes be your only hope.   YEAH!!  

The solution came when I realized that although the plugin that I required to run my java applet is exiled somewhere into oblivion, no repository, etc...I had it on my laptop, but couldn't for the life of me, figure out how to Houdinni it through my network and have it appear as an add-on in my mozilla Firefox plugin list on my desktop.   

SYNCING became my light bulb moment.

Each device saves its own preferences  or (profile) on each individual device. All I needed to do was change the name of the device on the SYNC page to that of the SYNC name of my laptop  ( that had the awol  Java platform plugin I so desperately sought after) had.  Then I saved that new device name on my desktop, hit the sync button.....and whalla!  My living nightmare was a thing of the past!  My desktop now had All of the same add-ons that were on my older laptop computer.

I'm sure for most of you out here...my light bulb moment will seem silly, but I truly tried every recommendation to no avail.  Hopefully, my sharing will bring others to the same kinds of discoveries as they inch closer to their "ah, HA!"  moments!  Thanks all to those of you who helped inspire me with the courage to keep plugging along  PUN Intended! 

Thanks!  Robert

#5 TulsaRose

TulsaRose

• Members
  • 367 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2016 - 06:24 AM

Thanks for posting back, Robert, and letting us know you worked out a solution to your challenge.  :thumbup2: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users