Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Newbie 1st time PC build - give me knowledge please!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NoobE1KanUB

NoobE1KanUB

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 AM

Posted 30 April 2016 - 03:30 PM

Hi all,

I have the following PC components and need to know if they are compatible: 

- Thermaltake Xasier VI case
- Intel i7-4960X (3.6 GHZ, 1mb cache, LGA 2011)
- Gigabye X79S-UP5-WiFi (supports Intel Xeon/C606/LGA2011)
- 8GB Kingston RAM
- Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD
- Corsair CX series 650watt PSU
- Artic Cooling Freezer Extreme Rev.2 
- LG Blu ray 
- LG monitor

Are these components all compatible? 

The Freezer Xtreme Rev.2 seems to have an Intel clip on mechanism however my MB appears to have a screw on mechanism? I am assuming I require a CPU cooler as there wasn't one in the box with the motherboard. 

I purchased the parts over a longer period of time hence being unsure of the compatibility issues! 

Please help! 

I plan to run Windows 7 Pro and install an additional HDD to run Debian if this makes a difference?

All help much appreciated! 

Many thanks! 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,442 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 PM

Posted 01 May 2016 - 01:25 PM

According to this page: https://www.arctic.ac/eu_en/freezer-xtreme-rev-2.html

It says no support for LGA2011.

I also cannot see video card and memory type is missing. Leaving those out, I cannot see compatibility problems.

#3 SEANIA

SEANIA

• Members
  • 377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 AM

Posted 02 May 2016 - 03:18 AM

The Crosair CX series is known to over heat, and generally only are stable in cases where the power supply is mounted on to bottom of the case to draw in fresh air from the bottom and exhaust it directly out the back separate from the other components. Either that or in a case that has extremely good airflow to help it breathe and not suck in heat form other parts. The newer revisions in the CX series fixed that a little, but it's still an issue. Especially in a computer with a Intel 6 core 130 watt CPU. 

So um.... make sure you have good airflow to compensate for the not-so-high-quality power supply that could, in a worst case scenario, catch fire if not handled/cooled properly. 

Edited by SEANIA, 02 May 2016 - 03:18 AM.

99% of the time, I edit for type-o's and grammar. I'll note it if that's not the case. 

I write near essays for most my responses, and then try to condense as best I can to the introduction of one. Less is more. Let me know if I post to much. 

I do a lot of spacing for readability. Let me know if that makes my posts seem to big. 

#4 Fascist Nation

Fascist Nation

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 05 May 2016 - 04:53 PM

Cannot tell if your RAM is compatible since no model number or description was included. 

Yes, the HSF in compatible.  If it fits a 1366 it fits a 2011, using the same 80mm spaced bracket.  That assumes the height of the HSF clears the interior of the case and the RAM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users