Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How can spit audio from games to headset and movies to my tv

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Hologenz

Hologenz

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2016 - 10:25 AM

so here is the story, i want to play games on my pc and have just the audio from the games going into my headset. but at the same time i want to watch a movie aka netflix through chrome on my tv with the audio from netflix only playing through the tv.

headphones are connected only through jack only and tv is connected through hdmi

i was told that i can change the output audio on certain games but this one in specific h1z1 does not have that option

i have:
i5 5690k
asrock z97 killer fatality
gigabyte gtx 980

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 30 April 2016 - 11:44 AM

I have tried this before, I don't think Windows will support two audio streams simultaneously. I never got it to work. The game or application must support that feature. Even if it does, there can still be performance problems.

I do not own a copy of Windows 10 so I can say for certain about it, but I have used it a lot at work and I don't think it is that different, in this regard, than Windows 7. I sincerely hope somebody chimes and tells me I am wrong, as I would really like this to be possible.

#3 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 30 April 2016 - 10:41 PM

It depends on the application. If the application can output to a different device (write to a different stream if you want to be technical about it), it should work. Look for a "Device" option under your audio settings.

An example of an application that can use alternative devices is Mumble.
Proud system builder, modder, and watercooler.

GitHub | SoundCloud | Keybase

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users