Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

laptop battery plugged in not charging

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TTR

TTR

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 30 April 2016 - 12:27 AM

May I know please how you have solved the problem with the back light intermittently going out? I also have Dell Studio 1535 laptop and the problem is exactly as you have described it. 

Mod Edit:  Post moved from 2010 topic not initiated by OP - Hamluis.

a 3 months old 9 cell dell laptop battery is not charging. what could be the problem? my laptop backlight is also intermittently going out. could this be BIOS problem?

Edited by hamluis, 30 April 2016 - 10:18 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 30 April 2016 - 01:19 PM

It sounds like maybe you have a defective battery.  Did you get it from Dell or somewhere else?  If you don't get laptop batteries from the manufacturer, this kind of thing can happen.

Good luck.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#3 TTR

TTR
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 03 May 2016 - 11:43 AM

Thank you Niweg, The problem was with the charger. After I changed the charger the problem was resolved. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users