Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Windows 10 Problems, Loading Into Sleep Mode

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 txjj77

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Local time:05:56 AM

Posted 29 April 2016 - 09:58 PM

Hello guys, I am new to this forum, but not to computers. I have a problem I have never ran across.

I am running fully updated Windows 10 as of about 4-18-16. About that same time, my desktop, a Gateway DX4380G-UW308 just showed a black screen and would not wake up. I got on my laptop and saw where sometimes the display driver will do this, and if you connect another monitor to a different port on my AMD Radeon 7540D, you can still see content on the second screen. This did not work. My computer will do the Gateway splash screen, a quick dos type screen, then window screen. Sometimes it will boot all the way to logon screen, sometimes not. It always tells me going into power saving mode. I have tried multiple monitors as well. I usually cannot boot into safe mode, though about 1 out of 8 times I can.

I have tried running av software and rootkit killers in safe mode, and after a few seconds to a few minutes, it will go into power saver mode again. I have tried refreshing the drive, and still problem persists. I have even done a complete factory reset, killing all of my files and installing the backup windows program, but the problem persists. I have tried logging into it by AMMYY with my laptop to run av software, and it shuts down the communication between the computers, then goes into sleep mode.

I have tried Dariks boot n nuke, and sysrescue, along with several other rescue disks, and the computer will not boot from disk. It will also not boot from my restore flash drive. No USB boot or CD boot support is available.

I started my computer up just a few minutes ago after being unplugged for 3 days. It went straight to recovery mode, and I reset it again. Everything came up as normal, had me set up windows for first use, went into getting critical updates, restarted, and went straight to sleep mode. I tried a hard reboot, and it went to sleep before going to login screen. I am at a total loss.

Thanks for your time and consideration. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Additional information. When I can get the computer into safe mode, it will run forever as log as I don't run an AV program, try to access the registry, or change device settings such as drivers. It also tells me Windows Defender is turned off by Administrator and I cannot turn it back on.

Edited by txjj77, 30 April 2016 - 11:25 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users