Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant Load Computer Unless I Press F1

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 beamer

beamer

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 AM

Posted 06 August 2006 - 07:22 AM

hi i have a prob loading up my comp ,i always need 2 press f1,it says that there is a cpu problem,i have reformatted my comp but still no luck,i need to keep an eye on what my kids r up2 on this comp ,i have a keylogger on it but with the problem on it the date and time are all over the place,thanks brendan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 06 August 2006 - 12:01 PM

it says that there is a cpu problem

If there is a CPU problem then reformatting won't help. We needs some more information. What make and model computer is this? Laptop or Desktop? What is the exact error message you receive?
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 Hawkeye4

Hawkeye4

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 07 August 2006 - 01:04 AM

My sister's computer seems to be doing the same thing and the error message next to it said something about a fan malfunction. Not sure what that's all about, any ideas folks?

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 07 August 2006 - 01:11 AM

It could be a Fan problem. Open the case and see if the CPU fan is clogged with lent. Also with everything clear plug your computer in and see if the Fan is spinning up to speed. With the clock loosing time it could be a heat problem or something as simple as a bad motherboard battery.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#5 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 PM

Posted 07 August 2006 - 09:23 AM

An overheating problem will destroy your cpu and motherboard.

I would not operate this computer until the problem is resolved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users