Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Processor upgrade for Compaq Presario CQ56

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JD1308

JD1308

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 29 April 2016 - 04:32 PM

I brought an Intel Pentium Dual core T4500 processor for my laptop but it doesn't seem to fit as the pin layout is different (due to my lack of knowledge) so after a bit more research I've found out that the Amd Athlon II N350 Dual core processor has the same sort of pin layout and is in the user manual for my laptop.... what I wanted to know is, is the Amd Athlon II N350 Dual core processor the best processor I can upgrade to or is there something higher spec'd? the laptop holds sentimental value so id rather keep it and upgrade it than buy a newer system
I would paste some screen shots of what CPU-Z's reporting but I don't know how to do it :inlove: 

Edited by JD1308, 29 April 2016 - 04:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,382 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 PM

Posted 30 April 2016 - 05:56 AM

Those CPU's use ddifferent socket and CPU bus so your planned upgrade will not work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users