Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking To Get Some Info And Real World Corporate Examples On Security...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Phabeon

Phabeon

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 AM

Posted 29 April 2016 - 04:05 PM

I am looking for some input from people that actually work in Information Technology in a Security type of position. 

I am looking for their input and real work examples on the below defintions.. 

Again, I am looking to have people that actually work in IT/IS Security answer these...

Definitons and Real World Examples PLEASE:

example:

VPN = virtual private network, think of a tunnel within in a tunnel type of secure connection..

At my job we use a Juniper client and I support it by.........??????

Load Bearing -

SIEM -  

Endpoint Protection -

VPN -  

Firewalls -

IDS/IPS - 

SSL - 

Vulnerability Scanning Tools -

Have it gentz!!

Knowing this information in and out could change my life!!

i.e. a huge lifetime opp is around the corner that hinges soley on mastery of the above and REAL WORLD examples of it...

oNe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 erdemmulutas

erdemmulutas

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 03 May 2016 - 07:49 AM

I'm a junior system analyst and working on security side for my company. My main mission is to catch anomalies in logs using SIEM application and other management solutions. These times I use SIEM a lot.

You may google it but I'm going to answer by my opinions.

- What is a siem?

- SIEM is a solution for logs. SIEM collects all the logs from your sources (e.g. WMI, Syslog, SNMP, SMB etc.). And simply you can "google" them with your siem search ability. Also you can set alerts for specific rules or build reports for your

bosses. This siem solutions can email or sms you for your alerts. This function is very useful since you cannot always examine the dasboards. Your boss wants you to catch anomalies and report to him. That's the main role for siem. 

I'm not going deep on details since I'm on work right now. I just wanted to inform people since there is not enough people working on information security and there is not enough documents about siem and other security solutions.

I can also explain other terms in another time. 

Hope this helps for now.

#3 Phabeon

Phabeon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2016 - 12:28 PM

my friend, this is exactly what I was looking for, to the letter!! 

And you are correct there is not much info on this.. 

I have googled all the terms and I am now familiar with them..

So now I am just looking for real world examples like you have provide and names of products and suites used. 

ex. you mention SIEMS but what program or vendor are you using for this? 

Really looking for REAL WORLD examples of people using LOAD BALANCERS and FIREWALLS!!

please advise!

REgards,

Phabeon

#4 erdemmulutas

erdemmulutas

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 09 May 2016 - 04:18 AM

We use Logsign (http://www.logsign.com) for SIEM solution. You can read admin guide from here (http://docs.logsign.com). It's not one of the bests but it does our work fine. We have reports, alerts, dashboards, and a search section which you can google like search across millions of logs for detecting anomalies or analyzing some issue. It has email or sms options for alerts. 

On the load balancer and firewall side we use Netscaler and Fortigate. Sadly I don't have much information about these.

#5 Phabeon

Phabeon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2016 - 02:20 PM

anyone else?

at this point just looking for a real world example of a load balancer in use and how a body actually works with it and supports it? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users