Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

How to put screw and gold thing back in?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pokemudkip

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 29 April 2016 - 10:32 AM

This has been this way for a very, very long time.

How do I put it back? It fell out a long time ago, and now it's causing laptop screen to flash white, which is annoying.

Today, this small gold screw fell out of the gap...have no clue where it came from. The gap can only be closed when the laptop is closed. I have to close it manually by squeezing it shut.

My main concern is the gold circle thing (not sure what it's called) and the black screw. Is there a way to put it back? I can't unscrew any of the other screws, though. They won't budge.

Thanks for any help! :)

Attached File  101_5092.JPG   175.62KB   1 downloads

Attached File  101_5097.JPG   208.32KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,153 posts
  • Local time:04:20 AM

Posted 29 April 2016 - 12:28 PM

What is the make and model of this computer?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,639 posts
  • Local time:04:20 AM

Posted 29 April 2016 - 12:35 PM

The replacement for this is the entire plastic piece that the gold (brass) thing (threaded insert) is mounted in at the time of molding the plastic.  They can be reinserted if the support structure(plastic) isn't damaged.  Glue into place being careful not to get any glue on the threads.  Do not glue in place with the screw in it, it will then become impossible to remove the next time.  Most often cause for this is repeated disassembly or cross threaded and required extra force to remove,  breaking the plastic mounting area.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users