Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Power cut required to prevent computer from restarting

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Weylo

Weylo

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 29 April 2016 - 06:49 AM

Hello, a little more than 6 months ago I built my own (mainly gaming) computer with a budget of around $2000 worth of Swedish money (Live in Sweden). I'll put the specs at the bottom.

I've experienced a variety of issues such as the graphics drivers crashing constantly when playing games etc, that issue I was never able to really fix but it was solved by overclocking my processor, weirdly enough. I did try all kinds of thing such as clearing my entire pc, using different drivers and eventually I replaced both the motherboard, cpu and graphics card but the problem persisted oddly enough (until I overclocked the processor).

Alot of things have gone wrong overtime, the thing I mentioned above is just one of the worse things that went wrong. But there is 1 problem that I still keep having from time to time that isn't really a dealbreaker or anything but is quite strange:

Sometimes when I shut down my computer and start it up again shortly after (manually shut down and start up again in a bit) or restart it from the windows menu this happens; It shuts down normally as always, and then when it starts back up again the screens are all black (I use 2-3 monitors depending on where I am) and it runs (I assume running some startup process) for about ~10 seconds and then it dies as if the power was cut and instantly tries to reboot again. It keeps doing this until I cut the power completely and start it back up again after turning the power back on.

If anyone has some sort of explanation to why this happens, or maybe an idea why I had to overclock in order to prevent graphics drivers crashes I'd be thrilled to hear it :)

I've made sure that my temperatures are all fine during idle and load both before and after I overclocked by the way, I've also tested my RAM an ran a bunch of different processor/graphics tests without any issues found anywhere.

My current components (Running W10) that I've been using for about 5 months now are:

Chassi: NZXT H440W Silent Ultra Black/Orange

Motherboard: GA-Z97X-SOC Force

PSU: Fractal Design Edison M 750W

Processor: Intel Core i5 4690K 3.5 GHz (Overclocked to 4.3)

Graphics Card: MSI Radeon R9 390 8G

RAM: Crucial 16GB (4x8GB) DDR3 CL9 1600Mhz Ballistix Sport

SSD: Samsung 850-Series EVO 250GB

HDD: WD Blue 1TB 7200rpm, WD Green 500GB 5400rpm (And two external: 1tb(5"), 250gb (2.5"))

Cooling: Corsair Hydro H100i GTX with Arctic Cooling MX-4 kylpasta

DVD Reader: Samsung External SE-208GB (Not used very much)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 PM

Posted 30 April 2016 - 06:47 AM

Let's try looking at these 2 sets of reports:

1)  Please run this report collecting tool (even though you may not be reporting BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis:  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/
When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location.
By default it'll be a .zip file located on your Desktop
Simply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.
If it doesn't work for you, then please try this:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

2)  Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users