EDIT: I was able to resolve the problem after Windows Network Diagnostics claimes that the Windows Socket Registry was missing from the computer, and after a Google search, I learned that Malwarebytes could be causing the issue. After uninstalling the program, I've been able to connect to websites again. Is there a setting in Malwarebytes that I could change to allow my computer to keep the program and not have DNS issues?
I recently got some malware on my computer that I was able to remove using Malwarebytes and Adwcleaner. However, after cleaning my computer, both Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge have have had trouble connecting to many websites, particularly, Facebook, Youtube, etc. However, some websites, like Google, Wikipedia, and BleepingComputer are not affected. I've tried every solution I've been able to find so far, such as allowing Chrome to troubleshoot the issue, adding a manual DNS server address, and flushing the DNS cache. None of these methods have been able to resolve the issue. I was able to connect to Facebook once for a few minutes right after flushing the DNS cache, but the problem quickly came back. Malwarebytes and Windows Defender both claim that there is no more malware on my computer, and I don't know how else to possible fix the issue.
I run Windows 10 with an Intel Core i7-6700HQ CPU at 2.60 GHz
Edited by jionunez, 29 April 2016 - 03:53 AM.