Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Cannot Enter The Bios

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 novirusplease

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 06 August 2006 - 03:07 AM

I have been given (for free) a PC with a MS-6309 Ver:2 Motherboard PIII 1Ghz.
It seems to be an old Entreprise PC as it requires a password to enter the BIOS. I naively thought that clearing the BIOS will solve the problem as I have downloaded the corresponding latest (public/from MS) BIOS on a diskette.

At startup, the screen displays "DEL to enter Setup". However, pushing the DEL key actually freezes the PC. There is no way to enter the BIOS. How can I enter/replace the BIOS then?
Any guidance is highly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 06 August 2006 - 08:04 AM

I don't quite understand, did you clear the bios by trying to flash the new version from the disk, or did you open up the case and clear the CMOS settings by removing the battery and/or using the Clear CMOS jumper on the motherboard?

#3 novirusplease

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 06 August 2006 - 04:04 PM

I cleared the CMOS by using the jumpers. Then I tried to flash it but it freezes before anything can be done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users