Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Shadow Demon

Shadow Demon

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 06 August 2006 - 01:43 AM

HI i need help with my computer. the problem is that it won't load in to windows. i have used every option that the boot menu has to offer and all it does is reboots the computer. To list what i have got inside M.B - Asus K8N4-E deluxe G.C - Radieon X600 CPU - AMD Athelon 3000+ and a SATA 80Gb Harddrive.i have tried to use my XP disk to go in to the repair option but it starts to boot of the cd then hangs at the "press F6 to" bit on the bottom of the screen. i have also tried to reset Bios to no avail. i am just wondering if anyone can help me. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Shadow Demon

Shadow Demon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2006 - 11:10 AM

anybody?

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 07 August 2006 - 12:49 AM

It sounds like a hardware problem. If you have more than one stick of RAM try removing one and booting the computer. If it does not boot remove the other stick and replace the first stick. Right now we are trying to eliminate possibles.
Next or first inspect the capacitors on the motherboard. The tops should be smooth, and the sides should not be bowed. Notice if any fluids are leaking.
If you have and old video card install it to see if the video adapter may bee damaged.
Remove all cards except for the video. Rule them out.
That is a start. Let me know what you find out.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#4 Shadow Demon

Shadow Demon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2006 - 01:16 AM

i sorta got angry at it when i couldn't fix it so i pull everything apart even took the motherboard out of the case. so i'll get on re-assembling it and try that and get back to you

#5 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 08 August 2006 - 01:32 AM

:thumbsup: I love it!
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#6 Shadow Demon

Shadow Demon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2006 - 09:07 AM

i reassembled my computer and i thought i would give it one last boot up before i did anything to it and it booted up with out a problem. i dunno what happened or anything. but next time it happen's i will try a few things that you have listed. thanks for your help anyway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users