Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Please virus??

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jimbean

jimbean

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 28 April 2016 - 08:12 PM

RunDll

error in c:\*\*\appdata\locallow\xiwc1f4.tmp missing entry:bdcohsz6fgbpvookzbcljit

got this error after running a java script file that was attached to my email it was it said that it was a pdf file

haven't noticed anything except that error so far

if I just restore my windows 10 to everything new as when I bought it would that get rid of any java script

using windows restore

and can anybody give me a link to report fraud emails

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 iangcarroll

iangcarroll

• Members
  • 658 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 28 April 2016 - 08:48 PM

Hi,

You have almost certainly executed malware. I would suggest we just clean it up, but a full wipe of your operating system would likely remove it. You can forward malware emails to the FTC: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0011-malware#report I would also suggest reporting them to antivirus vendors like Certly (disclaimer: the company I work for), BitDefender, and ESET, among others. If you want to proceed with cleaning it up, follow these steps:
:step1: 3Al62Pm.pngMiniToolBox
  • Download MiniToolBox and move the file to your Desktop;
  • Right-click on MiniToolBox.exe and select Spcusrh.pngRun as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users);
  • Check the following options:
    • Report IE Proxy Settings;
    • Reset IE Proxy Settings;
    • Report FF Proxy Settings;
    • Reset FF Proxy Settings;
    • List content of Hosts;
    • List IP Configuration;
    • List Winsock Entries;
    • List Last 10 Event Viewer Errors;
    • List Devices - Only Problems;

• OQmAcqS.png
  • Once this is done, click on Go and wait for the scan to complete;
  • Once the scan is complete, a log will open. Please copy/paste the content of the output log in your next reply;
:step2:0Wrv6UC.pngEmsisoft Emergency Kit
Follow the instructions below to run a scan using the Emsisoft Emergency Kit.
  • Download the Emsisoft Emergency Kit and execute it. From there, click on the Extract button to extract the program in the EEK folder;
  • Once the extraction is complete, Emsisoft Emergency Kit will open, and suggest you to run an online update before using the program. Click on Yes to launch it.
  • After the update, click on Malware Scan under 2. Scan and accept to let Emsisoft Emergency Kit detect PUPs (click on Yes).
  • Once the scan is complete, make sure that every item in the list is checked, and click on Quarantine selected;
    Egla2gt.png
  • If it asks you for a reboot to delete some items, click on Ok to reboot automatically;
  • After the restart, click on the Start Emsisoft Emergency Kit icon again on your desktop to open it;
  • This time, click on Logs;
  • From there, go under the Quarantine Log tab, and click on the Export button;
    IgfWDr3.png
  • Save the log on your desktop, then open it, and copy/paste its content in your next reply;

Ian Carroll https://ian.sh • Certly Inc

Member of the Bleeping Computer A.I.I. early response team!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users