Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Kodi on Fire tv stick improvment

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 superking75

superking75

• Members
  • 154 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 28 April 2016 - 06:41 PM

Ok i got an amazon fire TV stick with kodi loaded on it. At first i was impressed with the selection, but that trailed(On kodi). I just have a few questions that I can not seem to find any good answers for (Mainly with kodi being on fire TV stick)

Is their any way to have a favorites list so i don't have to go through a maze of pages to find a show and episode (like Netflix or Hulu)?

I don't really know if this is kodi or the actual hardware but a lot of the shows I have tried lag pretty bad(By the way my router is literately less than 3 ft from the Fire TV stick)?

How would i load skins to kodi being kodi is not on a physical PC, and maybe a few recommendations for skins that work well with the fire TV stick.

I am not having any problem with the software on the fire TV it is just specifically the kodi app on it.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Edited by superking75, 28 April 2016 - 06:44 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 saw101

saw101

• Members
  • 418 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 17 May 2016 - 03:55 AM

Wow, didn't even know Bleeping Computer had a Network Streaming Device section until now.

I'm not a big fan of Amazon Firestick. A lot are sold pre-loaded with KODI & it is not a standard Amazon installed feature. Often the KODI install is sloppy, overloaded with useless & unofficial addons & runs poorly on the Firestick which is no speed demon anyway. I much prefer to run my personally installed KODI from my dedicated laptop via HDMI to my big screen. KODI on the stick should hopefully be GUI similar to my setup. My router is at the other end of the house. The laptop [Win 7] was a freebie that needed a fan replacement. Got $20.00 in it. It's no hot rod but I don't suffer lag either. With the wireless keyboard/mouse combo, I can control it all from the comfort of my recliner. Run KODI, or surf the net.

Exodus [KODI current build Jarvis] is the primary addon I use for movie & TV show streaming. If you're not using Exodus you are missing out of the best video addon KODI has. Exodus is the replacement for the older addon 'Genesis' that was part of the previous KODI Isengard build. The older Genesis addon had a 'Favorites' feature that was sadly dropped with the newer build. I also strongly dislike searching pages of videos to find that particular movie or frequently watched TV show. Having a special folder to Park those shows in though is a real plus.

There is a respectable work-a-round though, called Trakt.TV that I've been using & it allows me to create a 'My List' folder to add my TV shows & Movies. I simply right click the video, select Trakt Manager from the drop-down & then click 'Add To Watchlist.'  Will try to post a screenshot. 

To start, you'll need to create an account with Trakt.TV & then connect that account to your KODI installation/addon Exodus. You'll also be able to add/remove movies/TV shows to KODI from the Trakt website That's another plus. So, head over to Trakt, pick a user name & setup an account. https://trakt.tv/home It's free for the basic account. You really don't need premium.

Post back, I might be able to assist with connecting the account if needed. Just can't say for sure. The Firestick may just be less like my setup. Hopefully not.

BTW, KODI is Freeware. You can download it for Windows, Mac, Linux, Firestick, Android, Raspberry etc. The biggest chore is getting it setup initially & properly. You'll need to download Zip repositories, install several, & learn how to navigate the KODI environment for all the important settings. It takes a while & you'll probably have to do it more than once to get it right. But once you do......

Anyone interested can go here: https://kodi.tv/download/ That is for the basic barebones installer. It will look nice but won't run a thing.

There are a lot of YouTube videos, but with very few exceptions, most are produced by rank amateurs, speaking with mush in their mouths, along with obnoxious loud music playing, who can't operate a video cam with any skill, click on stuff faster than you can follow, are unclear, confusing, & often totally incorrect in their directions. The videos are often outdated & no longer apply to the most current this or that you probably have or want to install. I'll recommend Spoonfed Productions website for some laid back How To videos. http://spoonfedproduction.com/430-2/ and the official KODI Forum http://forum.kodi.tv/

And last......https://www.tvaddons.ag/less-more-kodi/

I've been running KODI for a bit less than a year, I don't consider myself an expert, still learning & exploring.

This post is subject to edits. 

KODI_Exodus_1.jpg

I never make the same mistake twice....I always make it 5 or 6 times just to be sure!

#3 imnot

imnot

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 PM

Posted 20 January 2018 - 04:10 PM

I also bought firestick with kodi only to realize that the seller made me fool. I never thought that lastly I would have to learn all things myself for getting new updates.

Anyway, as for your requirements, I think you should install Kodi builds. They come with skins as well as all popular addons. I am using misfit mods and it looks really cool.

References 

1. Popular Kodi Builds - https://www.firesticktricks.com/best-kodi-builds.html

2. Popular Kodi Addons - https://www.firesticktricks.com/best-kodi-addons.html

3. Kodi builds Installation guide - https://youtu.be/N5HXMR7K-5I

#4 slaoslash

slaoslash

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 23 March 2018 - 04:01 PM

I'm on android and I use two app on play stor tubemate snaptube ....
to download videos from youtube. it is very easy to use: just find the video you want to download on your smartphone

#5 slaoslash

slaoslash

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 25 March 2018 - 06:39 AM

I'm on android and I use two app on play stor tubemate snaptube ....

to download videos from youtube. it is very easy to use: just find the video you want to download on your smartphone

tubmate snaptube 

#6 Annabel1

Annabel1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2018 - 10:37 PM

I additionally purchased firestick with kodi just to understand that the vender influenced me to trick. I never felt that finally I would need to take in everything myself for getting new updates. 

Anyway, concerning your prerequisites, I figure you ought to introduce Kodi manufactures. They accompany skins and also all famous addons. I am utilizing loner mods and it looks extremely cool.

#7 viduppair

viduppair

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2018 - 07:13 AM

I have Amazon firestick, I have done with the installation of the Kodi Krypton latest version on my firesticks.

With the help of the few tutorials, I have also installed the Kodi add-ons, but now I am facing stream authorization error. When I am going to watch movies, they ask for thevideo.me/pair and openload.co/pair what to do? please guide

I followed this guide to get best kodi addons https://kodidownloadapp.net/

#8 saw101

saw101

• Members
  • 418 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2018 - 02:56 PM

How to solve thevideo.me/pair?

1: Open your Browser in your System.

2: Type thevideo.me/pair in URL Box. You will get website for pairing.

3: Click on "I am not Robot."

4: Last, click on ‘Pair’.

Basically the procedure is similar for openload.co........Go here: https://olpair.com/  Give the website a few moments to load.

You should be good for 3-4 hours of viewing after which you need to repeat the procedures.

You should be able to do your pairing first without KODI running.

This is common with some addons you may be using, Exodus, Specto for example, & less so or hardly at all for others.

I recommend the Genesis Reborn addon for movies & TV shows. Use it if you have it, install it if you don't. https://kodidownloadapp.net/kodi-genesis-reborn-addon/

I never make the same mistake twice....I always make it 5 or 6 times just to be sure!

#9 rajeshkumar6

rajeshkumar6

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2018 - 02:02 AM

Whatever streaming device you are using, without Kodi it's useless. Kodi is the best media player and streaming software. there are 3 methods to install Kodi on amazon fire stick. Previously I thought there are only 2 methods. Recently I came across this post https://kodiforu.com/install-kodi-on-firestick-using-windows/

There is a wide range of addons used in Kodi. The difficult part is finding the best one. Here I found a list of working Kodi addons with updated repository URL

#10 abbeyslinger

abbeyslinger

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 24 April 2018 - 03:56 AM

For the fire TV i recommend using FTV skin it has bet interface for fire users environment. Buffering issues can be managed by following these steps vpnranks[dot]com/kodi-buffering/

#11 Wilsondrake

Wilsondrake

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 PM

Posted 04 May 2018 - 06:06 AM

Ok i got an amazon fire TV stick with kodi loaded on it. At first i was impressed with the selection, but that trailed(On kodi). I just have a few questions that I can not seem to find any good answers for (Mainly with kodi being on fire TV stick)

Is their any way to have a favorites list so i don't have to go through a maze of pages to find a show and episode (like Netflix or Hulu)?

I don't really know if this is kodi or the actual hardware but a lot of the shows I have tried lag pretty bad(By the way my router is literately less than 3 ft from the Fire TV stick)?

How would i load skins to kodi being kodi is not on a physical PC, and maybe a few recommendations for skins that work well with the fire TV stick.

I am not having any problem with the software on the fire TV it is just specifically the kodi app on it.

Thanks for the help in advance.

You will obviously need to go page to page to get the best streaming link. It has nothing to do with the hardware it is the interface of this software kodi. 

In order to install Kodi Skin Follow this given below:

1- Open Kodi > Go to Settings (gear-shaped icon) > Click on Interface Settings.
2- On the left-side menu, click on Skin > Now on the right side select Skin options under Look and Feel category.
3- A box will appear with two options i.e. Estouchy and Estuary. These are the two default Kodi Skins. To get more Kodi Skins click on Get More option on right.
4- Click on whichever Kodi Skin you like and it will change.

Some of the Best Kodi Skins for Firestick are 

• Arctic Zephyr
  • Nebula
  • Xperience 1080

See if this list of best kodi skins can add value for your firestick. 

From what I am feeling is you are not that much of a tech savvy person. It is highly advised you install a kodi build which has preinstalled skins, addons for streaming. I have used Wookie kodi build previously but now I am using No limits magic kodi build. But there are few more best kodi builds that I have come across that might be a good fit for your firestick. 

#12 Androidfreak

Androidfreak

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 AM

Posted 13 May 2018 - 09:44 PM

Yeah I ran into the same issue with my firestick. I bought the stupid thing on ebay and the guy said it was fully loaded and when I got it just sucked big time. Going to be honest, Id invest in a new android box. Thats what I did and its much freakin better. No more lag either. Dont get me wrong, the firestick done the job but the H96 I bought is way better. Id learned how to install kodi and the builds from this site, theres full walk through screenshots and the they do youtube tutorials along with it to explain it better. So your not just walking blind into it. Anyways, I've blabbed enough. Hope ya get the thing fixed up, but Id seriously suggest on buying a new box. You'll Thank yourself over and over. 

https://bestandroidtvbox.com/best-kodi-build/

#13 ramam

ramam

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2018 - 05:33 AM

I already using Kodi from 2015 but I never got buffering error after updating kodi 17.6 and  installing Ares Wizard on Kodi. With this Wizard, I regularly clearing Cache file and junk files. Don't know how to update Kodi? Here is a guide- https://www.koditvz.com/kodi-update-firestick/

#14 brunoben

brunoben

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2018 - 08:44 AM

For your kind information, Ares Wizard is no more working and list of addons everyone posted is now one year old so just look out from that stuff. According to latest reviews, Neptune Rising and Gaia are popular and working addons. Covenant also working fine. You can find the guide for all those addon from here.

#15 Al1000

Al1000

• Global Moderator
  • 7,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 25 May 2018 - 04:11 AM

As the OP's question seems to have been answered, this topic is being closed to prevent spam links being posted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users