Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphic Display Driver Problem

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Ghost-recon

Ghost-recon

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2016 - 12:12 PM

hi, all

after install graphic display driver my laptop make restart ,but before install the driver is not.

is the problem relate the heat of graphic display or the hardware is have problem any?

help appreciate.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LiamP5

LiamP5

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 29 April 2016 - 09:41 AM

which kind of gpu you have nvidia, amd or low intel chipset? And before you install graphics driver does your laptop runs or not?
To achieve something first try
to get the knowledge about it.
Be happy, always try
for it
.......................Lets do it and learn from bleepingcomputer.com Never feel alone

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 PM

Posted 29 April 2016 - 12:42 PM

You didn't post which operating system you are running.  This is important as the approach to resolving this will depend on what version of Windows you have installed.

If this is Windows 7 or earlier you can use the instructions below to boot into Safe Mode.

To boot into Safe Mode start with the computer turned off, press the power button and immediately start tapping the F8 key and continue till either Windows boots or you see the Advanced Boot options.  This will look similar to the image below.

abow7_zpsc072f26e.png

Once you reach this use the up or down arrow to move the cursor over Safe Mode, press the Enter key on your keyboard to select this option.

If you are able to do this type Device Manager in the search box in the startup menu, then press Enter.

When the Device Manager opens scroll down to Sound, video and game controllers and click on the arrow to open the tree.

In the tree double click on the video device you are using.

Click on the Driver tab, then select roll back driver.  Click on OK and restart your computer.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Ghost-recon

Ghost-recon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2016 - 09:00 AM

thanks all for respond.

cz097rj 

GPU nvidia Ge-force M310 M, laptop run after install windows and every thing is OK after install the driver start to make restart.

dc3

I know about safe mode but it no thing is work as I mentioned.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2016 - 10:23 AM

Before installing the graphics driver was the graphics working properly?

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 LiamP5

LiamP5

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2016 - 09:25 PM

Would tell me which kind of version of nvidia graphics driver are you using? I think driver is not supporting the windows. Are you having win 7 64 bit or 32 bit? Please respond.
Be happy, always try
for it
.......................Lets do it and learn from bleepingcomputer.com Never feel alone

#7 Ghost-recon

Ghost-recon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2016 - 12:53 AM

cz097rj

win 7 64 bit

I used latest version of nvidia graphics driver  341.91.

dc3

Sorry I am in the office now I cant do what you required now after go home I will.

#8 Ghost-recon

Ghost-recon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2016 - 07:28 AM

dc3

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/aIw5Ps108SqeqjKCVQtRPGD

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2016 - 09:06 AM

The Speccy shows that you have the Geforce 315m, not the310m.  NVIDIA does not even list the 341.91 driver for either of these models.

Before you reinstalled Windows 7 were there any problems with the graphics?

Please post the make and model of this notebook.

#10 Ghost-recon

Ghost-recon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2016 - 10:45 AM

The Speccy shows that you have the Geforce 315m, not the310m.  NVIDIA does not even list the 341.91 driver for either of these models.

Before you reinstalled Windows 7 were there any problems with the graphics?

Please post the make and model of this notebook.

toshiba satellite c660-m21e

#11 LiamP5

LiamP5

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2016 - 10:58 AM

is nvidia graphics driver given by manufacture or you downloaded. If you have downloaded then try out latest nvidia graphics driver version 341.95

Edited by cz097rj, 01 May 2016 - 11:18 AM.

Be happy, always try
for it

#12 Ghost-recon

Ghost-recon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2016 - 11:07 AM

is nvidia graphics driver given by manufacture or you downloaded. If you have downloaded then try out latest nvidia graphics driver version 353.50

Can you provide me link? I appreciate your help.

#13 LiamP5

LiamP5

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2016 - 11:19 AM

https://driverscollection.com/?H=GeForce%20315M&By=NVidia&SS=Windows%207%2064-bit please try out.
Be happy, always try
for it

#14 Ghost-recon

Ghost-recon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2016 - 11:46 AM

I already install it before and I have the same problem I think the problem is in heat or in the hardware.

#15 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2016 - 01:34 PM

Did you use the recovery partition to reinstall Windows 7?

That computer was first released in September of 2010.  Replacing the driver with the latest version may not be a good choice for a computer of this age.

More importantly, drivers should always be downloaded from the Manufacturer's website.  In this case that would be Toshiba.

Please answer my question post previously.  "Before you reinstalled Windows 7 were there any problems with the graphics?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users