Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

free pdf converter?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sunkist1

Sunkist1

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 AM

Posted 27 April 2016 - 11:14 PM

I've had this comp (desktop PC) for more than a year before running into this problem, as I hadn't needed to create a pdf in awhile:  whatever is needed to create pdf's is not there, and nothing I've tried works.

I could be mistaken but I think my previous PC and laptop had Adobe Acrobat something-or-other, but when I downloaded and tried to use it there's all kinds of junk on the top and side-  former being a bunch of icons (print,etc.), and latter being edit options.  I need clean, neat pdf's for a couple of purposes, and this version called DC isn't it.

Also tried cutepdf, sodapop or something like that, and they're just as bad. 

Does anyone know of a free pdf converter that will produce the results I want?

If it's relevant, I have Windows 7 Home Edition, and OpenOffice. 

I went to the OO forum, and was advised to change the username on file folder-  did that, and the entire computer wiped out.  Had to run SystemRestore twice to bring everything back. 

Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Edited by Sunkist1, 27 April 2016 - 11:14 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 28 April 2016 - 07:34 AM

I don't use OpenOffice but here's a tutorial on exporting to PDF.  However, if you want to be able to convert, not just OpenOffice documents, but all documents to PDF, what you need is a PDF printer.  A PDF printer will show up as an optional printer which you can select to "print" a file to PDF.  In that case, I would recommend doPDF.  Notice I linked to version 7.3.398.  That's because I have found later versions to be unnecessarily bloated.

#3 themantis

themantis

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 09 May 2016 - 09:47 AM

Try this https://www.pdftoword.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users