Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Any way to stop following everything??

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dannyboy950

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 27 April 2016 - 09:53 PM

About 2months now I have been receiving e-mail notifications once again.  During the process of deleting these emails and investigateing why I suddenly started getting them again.  I found in my content I seem to have been following every post since I became a member.

While going thru 6 pages of these there is no option that I saw to delete all the things in that long list or stop following all.

Not long after I became a member one of the other members helped me to get it to quit sending emails and out of the blue it has started again.

HP 15-f009wm notebook AMD-E1-2100 APV 1Ghz Processor 8 GB memory 500 GB Hdd

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Cinamon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 27 April 2016 - 10:05 PM

Here's what you're looking for: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=followed
click "toggle edit options" and check the top box - the one ABOVE all the threads.
that will churn through threads deleting subscriptions one page at a time. It's not a "unfollow all", but it will do the trick much faster that checking one at a time. Also, you can disable email notifications if you want.

Edited by ScathEnfys, 27 April 2016 - 10:37 PM.

Proud system builder, modder, and watercooler.

GitHub | SoundCloud | Keybase

#3 Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:11:08 AM

Posted 28 April 2016 - 09:21 AM

Look to see if Auto follow topics I reply to. Notification frequency: has been re-set. If it has, click the drop-down arrow and click NONE.

You will still be able to follow a topic if you choose to do so.

When you use the method described by ScathEnfys click the drop-down arrow for Choose Options (or whatever it is called) and click Stop Following.

Question for you: When you follow a topic do you get a notification at the top of the forum page that a new reply has been made in a topic you do follow?

#4 Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 28 April 2016 - 09:44 AM

I believe you are automatically subscribed to all threads which you started as well as all threads in which you post a reply.  That is part of the default settings when you create an account at Bleeping Computer.  If you don't like those settings, it is up to you to change them.  For that matter, I always go through the account settings and change them to suit whenever I join a forum.  You may want to do the same.

That said, here's how you can stop receiving email notifications...

a.  To Unsubscribe From Threads You Have Already Subscribed To

1.  Click on the little down arrow next to your name near the top right corner.

2.  Select Content I Follow in the window which appears.

3.  You will be taken to a list of all threads that you are subscribed to.

4.  Click Toggle Edit Options then check the box indicated by the yellow arrow.  That will select all the threads.

5.  Click Choose Action then Stop notifying me of updates.

6.  Click Update Selected.

Note: You can choose actions actions individually for each thread using the check boxes shown.

a.  To Unsubscribe From Future Threads

1.  Click the down arrow next to your name but this time, select My Settings.

2.  You will be taken to your Profile Settings page.

3.  Select Notification Options from the left pane.

4.  Go through the notification settings in the right pane and change them to suit.

5.  When done, scroll down and click the Save Changes button.

6.  You can visit these settings whenever you want.

#5 dannyboy950

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 29 April 2016 - 09:35 PM

Thanks all.  I finaly got it to stop notifying me.  Actually found and used the steps both Queen Evie and Agouti gave. Works like a charm.

I believe that was the same steps I used while I was still useing win10.  Not shure why it started up again.

Edited by dannyboy950, 29 April 2016 - 09:36 PM.

HP 15-f009wm notebook AMD-E1-2100 APV 1Ghz Processor 8 GB memory 500 GB Hdd

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Cinamon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users