Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

search assistant unistall help

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 pinkwitch1

pinkwitch1

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 27 April 2016 - 06:32 PM

I have no idea how this suddenly happened to my brand new Windows 7 computer.  As I was uploading realplayer from my old machine via usb thumb drive, among others, namely Office 4, not from the internet.  Now I cannot do system restore as it says filename or volume label syntax incorrect 0x8007007B.

I have tried Malwarebytes, free version, AVG, and tried to install Solar winds program but it would not install.  Am about to try Exterminate it but the computer is calling it an executive file that may cause malware. 

I really need some help, I know.
I am not experienced enough to do an install or some of the other fixes that require going in to the background systems.
thank you for your time.

Edit: Moved topic from Windows Crashes, BSOD, and Hangs Help and Support to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,089 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 AM

Posted 27 April 2016 - 08:26 PM

Welcome to BC...

Use the programs below to find and remove adware and malware. Post the logs for all but CCleaner. If you get the 

alert about these programs being executing programs....ignore it and click through it. That applies to just the programs I

suggested not the two you mentioned.

Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the

Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of toolbars....especially Google.

After install, open CCleaner and run by clicking on the Run Cleaner button in the bottom right corner.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.

• Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on Scan button.
  • When the scan has finished click on Clean button.
  • Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
  • Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
  • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.
  • download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
  • Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message
  • Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
  • Click the esetonlinebtn.png button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
  • Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the esetsmartinstaller_enu.png icon on your desktop.
  • Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
  • Click the Start button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, click List Threats
  • Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Click the Back button.
  • Click the Finish button.
  • NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 pinkwitch1

pinkwitch1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2016 - 11:36 AM

thank you very much, BC Advisor.  I was able to clean my system using your wonderful tool Super Antispyware. and then going to the mozilla forum where I was told how to remove the home page reset once and for all, i hope.  So far so good.  I will use the other tools as well, as I see that on W7 there does not seem to be a removal feature for cookies, and I am in the habit of removing them almost daily.  You are a blessing

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,089 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2016 - 02:57 PM

I doubt that SAS removed all adware, etc. I suggest you use all the programs I listed and post their results.

Of course, it is your computer....your decision.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 pinkwitch1

pinkwitch1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2016 - 01:32 PM

These are fairly large files to copy/paste, but I don't see a way to make an attachment here so with your patience, here goes.  I noted that the last one you told me about was for MAC and I have a pc, so I did not download it yet.  Two seem to have done an admirable job. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) by Malwarebytes

Version: 8.0.6 (04.25.2016)

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional x64

Ran by owner (Administrator) on Fri 04/29/2016 at 11:12:06.30

File System: 18

Successfully deleted: C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\60yl9t3z.default\user.js (File)

Successfully deleted: C:\Users\owner\Documents\add-in express (Folder)

Successfully deleted: C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\0PS72R2M (Temporary Internet Files Folder)

Successfully deleted: C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\62AXOPQ5 (Temporary Internet Files Folder)

Successfully deleted: C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\BWDUM1WD (Temporary Internet Files Folder)

Successfully deleted: C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\E7FQUT0X (Temporary Internet Files Folder)

Successfully deleted: C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\FZG8CKJ5 (Temporary Internet Files Folder)

Successfully deleted: C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\HVVAQGLC (Temporary Internet Files Folder)

Successfully deleted: C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\LIXMVQOA (Temporary Internet Files Folder)

Successfully deleted: C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\VR2VKIRQ (Temporary Internet Files Folder)

Successfully deleted: C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\0PS72R2M (Temporary Internet Files Folder)

Successfully deleted: C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\62AXOPQ5 (Temporary Internet Files Folder)

Successfully deleted: C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\BWDUM1WD (Temporary Internet Files Folder)

Successfully deleted: C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\E7FQUT0X (Temporary Internet Files Folder)

Successfully deleted: C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\FZG8CKJ5 (Temporary Internet Files Folder)

Successfully deleted: C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\HVVAQGLC (Temporary Internet Files Folder)

Successfully deleted: C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\LIXMVQOA (Temporary Internet Files Folder)

Successfully deleted: C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\VR2VKIRQ (Temporary Internet Files Folder)

Registry: 0

Scan was completed on Fri 04/29/2016 at 11:16:05.55

End of JRT log

# AdwCleaner v5.114 - Logfile created 29/04/2016 at 11:02:40

# Updated 27/04/2016 by Xplode

# Database : 2016-04-27.1 [Server]

# Operating system : Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 (X64)

# Username : owner - OWNER-PC

# Running from : C:\Users\owner\Downloads\AdwCleaner.exe

# Option : Clean

# Support : http://toolslib.net/forum

***** [ Services ] *****

***** [ Folders ] *****

[-] Folder Deleted : C:\Program Files (x86)\24x7 help

[x] Folder Not Deleted : C:\Users\owner\Documents\Add-in Express

[-] Folder Deleted : C:\Program Files\SearchAssist

***** [ Files ] *****

[-] File Deleted : C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\60yl9t3z.default\searchplugins\searchassist.xml

***** [ DLLs ] *****

***** [ WMI ] *****

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Scheduled tasks ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

[-] Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\SecureDownload

[-] Key Deleted : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\SecureDownload

***** [ Web browsers ] *****

[-] [C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\60yl9t3z.default\prefs.js] Deleted : user_pref("browser.newtab.url", "hxxps://www.searchassist.net/?p=t&m=299&c=d&s=sp");

[-] [C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\60yl9t3z.default\prefs.js] Deleted : user_pref("browser.search.defaultthis.engineName", "Web Search");

[-] [C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\60yl9t3z.default\prefs.js] Deleted : user_pref("browser.search.defaulturl", "hxxps://www.searchassist.net/search?p=s&q={searchTerms}&m=299&c=d&s=sp");

[-] [C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\60yl9t3z.default\prefs.js] Deleted : user_pref("extensions.fbp-signed@fbpurity.com.oldfriendstore-1662814189", "{\"815751\":\"Karen Nedivi\",\"5818793\":\"Katrina Fratello\",\"26602100\":\"Jack King\",\"33708226\":\"Jennifer Bucci\",\"43[...]

[-] [C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\60yl9t3z.default\prefs.js] Deleted : user_pref("extensions.searchassist.sa_campaign", "d");

[-] [C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\60yl9t3z.default\prefs.js] Deleted : user_pref("extensions.searchassist.sa_engine", "true");

[-] [C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\60yl9t3z.default\prefs.js] Deleted : user_pref("extensions.searchassist.sa_home", "true");

[-] [C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\60yl9t3z.default\prefs.js] Deleted : user_pref("extensions.searchassist.sa_medium", "299");

[-] [C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\60yl9t3z.default\prefs.js] Deleted : user_pref("extensions.searchassist.sa_source", "sp");

[-] [C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\60yl9t3z.default\prefs.js] Deleted : user_pref("extensions.searchassist.ss_campaign", "d");

[-] [C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\60yl9t3z.default\prefs.js] Deleted : user_pref("extensions.searchassist.ss_engine", "true");

[-] [C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\60yl9t3z.default\prefs.js] Deleted : user_pref("extensions.searchassist.ss_home", "true");

[-] [C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\60yl9t3z.default\prefs.js] Deleted : user_pref("extensions.searchassist.ss_id", "91f6a885-d9f4-4186-9913-52b4866620aa");

[-] [C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\60yl9t3z.default\prefs.js] Deleted : user_pref("extensions.searchassist.ss_owner", "sp");

[-] [C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\60yl9t3z.default\prefs.js] Deleted : user_pref("extensions.searchassist.ss_source", "sp");

[-] [C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\60yl9t3z.default\prefs.js] Deleted : user_pref("keyword.URL", "hxxps://www.searchassist.net/search?p=s&q=");

[-] [C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\60yl9t3z.default\prefs.js] Deleted : user_pref("startup.homepage_override_url", "hxxps://www.searchassist.net/?p=h&m=ff&c=d&s=sp");

:: "Tracing" keys deleted

:: Winsock settings cleared

C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[C1].txt - [4075 bytes] - [29/04/2016 11:02:40]

C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S1].txt - [4000 bytes] - [29/04/2016 11:00:36]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[C1].txt - [4221 bytes] ##########

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,089 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2016 - 03:37 PM

The Eset Online Scanner instructions are for using on your computer...Windows.

Use Firefox and follow the directions for using a browser other than IE. The scan will likely take an hour or more

depending on computer's resources and size of data files.

• Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the esetsmartinstaller_enu.png icon on your desktop.
  • Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
  • Click the Start button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, click List Threats
  • Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Click the Back button.
  • Click the Finish button.
  • NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.

After Eset finishes do this:

Post the three lists mentioned below using CCleaner.

Open CCleaner and click on Tools. Choose Startups. On that page you will see a list of Windows Startups and at the top tabs for each browser and Scheduled Tasks.

At the bottom right of that page you will see a button when clicked will allow you to Copy and Paste the list of Windows Startups and Scheduled Tasks into your next

post. Please do that.

Open CCleaner and click on Tools. Choose Uninstall. On that page you will see a list of programs installed on your computer and at the bottom right of that page you

will see a button when clicked will allow you to Copy and Paste that list in your next post. Please do that.

#7 pinkwitch1

pinkwitch1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2016 - 01:01 PM

After doing the first two I now have some problems.  Chiefly, my computer will not recognize a disk, which when I went to the microsoft help pages seems to be a problem many are experiencing.  Supposedly a driver problem?   Also now my computer is saying that hp printer is missing a driver.  Are these because there is still a bug saying stuff that is not true?  Or is it a problem in that my dell latitude lap top is not set for windows 7, which hp is claiming, it does not seem to have windows 7 as one of its compatable models for that machine?  Compatability seems to be the issue.  Will this next thing resolve this?  PS, Firefox is the only browser I use, so I don't understand what you mean by:

Use Firefox and follow the directions for using a browser other than IE.

I am doing that now, will be back in an hour.  TX

Edited by pinkwitch1, 30 April 2016 - 01:11 PM.

#8 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,089 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2016 - 02:38 PM

Your HP printer may be outdated as far as Windows 7 is concerned. Not unusual for manufacturers to not

support their products after a given date or for more than one or two Windows operating systems.

Give the model of the HP printer.

#9 pinkwitch1

pinkwitch1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2016 - 03:43 PM

HP photosmart C6380.  Included also is a copy of what the eset found. 

C:\Users\owner\Downloads\ccsetup517.exe    Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.D potentially unsafe application    deleted

I see that the program Cyberlink is either back in my files or never really left, and I cannot uninstall as it hangs up.  Again I wonder if that is causing the problems with the dvd not being recognized or not responding to being copied?  I was trying to back up my files when I found out about this problem.

#10 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,089 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2016 - 05:27 PM

Click on the link below and then click on the Select Operating System. Do you see Windows 7 Pro as one of the choices?

I'm on Linux so I can't verify what is offered. HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

Waiting to see this: (Lists of Windows Startups, Scheduled Tasks and List of Programs Installed)

Post the three lists mentioned below using CCleaner.

Open CCleaner and click on Tools. Choose Startups. On that page you will see a list of Windows Startups and at the top tabs for each browser and Scheduled Tasks.

At the bottom right of that page you will see a button when clicked will allow you to Copy and Paste the list of Windows Startups and Scheduled Tasks into your next

post. Please do that.

Open CCleaner and click on Tools. Choose Uninstall. On that page you will see a list of programs installed on your computer and at the bottom right of that page you

will see a button when clicked will allow you to Copy and Paste that list in your next post. Please do that.

Edited by buddy215, 30 April 2016 - 05:28 PM.

#11 pinkwitch1

pinkwitch1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2016 - 02:54 PM

Context menu

Yes    Directory    AVG Disk Space Explorer Shell Extension    AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.    C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG PC TuneUp\DseShExt-x64.dll
Yes    Directory    AVG Shredder Shell Extension    AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.    C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG PC TuneUp\SDShelEx-x64.dll
Yes    File    AVG Shredder Shell Extension    AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.    C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG PC TuneUp\SDShelEx-x64.dll
Yes    File    MBAMShlExt    Malwarebytes    C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
Yes    Folder    MBAMShlExt    Malwarebytes    C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbam

Startup scheduled tasks:

Yes    HKCU:Run    CCleaner Monitoring    Piriform Ltd    "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe" /MONITOR
Yes    HKCU:Run    Power2GoExpress        NA
Yes    HKCU:Run    SUPERAntiSpyware    SUPERAntiSpyware    C:\Users\owner\Documents\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
Yes    HKLM:Run    AvgUi    AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.    "C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Framework\Common\avguirnx.exe" /lps=fmw
Yes    HKLM:Run    HotKeysCmds    Intel Corporation    C:\Windows\system32\hkcmd.exe
Yes    HKLM:Run    HP Software Update    Hewlett-Packard    C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
Yes    HKLM:Run    hpqSRMon    Hewlett-Packard    C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqSRMon.exe
Yes    HKLM:Run    IgfxTray    Intel Corporation    C:\Windows\system32\igfxtray.exe
Yes    HKLM:Run    Persistence    Intel Corporation    C:\Windows\system32\igfxpers.exe
Yes    Startup Common    HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk    Hewlett-Packard Co.    C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.ex

un install section:

24x7 Help version 1.4    publisher    4/27/2016    2.40 MB    1.4
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC    Adobe Systems Incorporated    4/27/2016    169 MB    15.007.20033
Adobe AIR    Adobe Systems Incorporated    4/27/2016        21.0.0.198
Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX    Adobe Systems, Inc.    4/28/2016    1.85 MB    10.0.32.18
Adobe Flash Player 21 NPAPI    Adobe Systems Incorporated    4/9/2016    19.0 MB    21.0.0.213
Adobe Shockwave Player 12.2    Adobe Systems, Inc.    3/18/2016        12.2.4.194
AVG PC TuneUp    AVG Technologies    4/27/2016        16.32.2.3320
Big Fish: Game Manager        4/27/2016        3.3.0.2
CCleaner    Piriform    4/29/2016        5.17
CyberLink Power2Go    CyberLink Corp.    4/1/2016    218 MB    7.0.0.1126
CyberLink PowerDVD 10    CyberLink Corp.    4/1/2016    216 MB    10.0.2312.52
Dell Data Vault        3/18/2016        
Dell SupportAssist    Dell    4/29/2016    197 MB    1.2.6793.01
Dell SupportAssistAgent    Dell    5/2/2016    18.3 MB    1.2.2.8
ESET Online Scanner v3        4/30/2016        
Free Word To PDF    Free Word To PDF    4/28/2016    11.9 MB    
Google Chrome    Google, Inc.    3/18/2016    50.6 MB    49.0.2623.87
HP Customer Participation Program 13.0    HP    4/28/2016        13.0
HP Imaging Device Functions 13.0    HP    4/28/2016        13.0
HP Photosmart C6300 All-In-One Driver Software 13.0 Rel. 4    HP    4/28/2016        13.0
HP Photosmart Essential 3.5    HP    4/28/2016        3.5
HP Smart Web Printing 4.51    HP    4/28/2016        4.51
HP Solution Center 13.0    HP    4/28/2016        13.0
HP Support Assistant    HP    4/28/2016    11.4 MB    8.2.8.25
HP Support Solutions Framework    HP    4/28/2016    5.81 MB    12.3.11.29
HP Update    Hewlett-Packard    4/28/2016    3.72 MB    4.000.011.006
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver    Intel Corporation    3/18/2016    54.2 MB    8.15.10.1930
Java 7 Update 51    Oracle    4/27/2016    118 MB    7.0.510
Java 8 Update 91    Oracle Corporation    4/27/2016    89.2 MB    8.0.910.14
Java 8 Update 91 (64-bit)    Oracle Corporation    4/27/2016    102 MB    8.0.910.14
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 2.2.1.1043    Malwarebytes    4/6/2016    66.8 MB    2.2.1.1043
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1    Microsoft Corporation    3/19/2016    38.8 MB    4.6.01055
Microsoft Silverlight    Microsoft Corporation    3/18/2016    50.7 MB    5.1.41212.0
Microsoft Sync Framework 2.0 Core Components (x64) ENU     Microsoft Corporation    4/8/2016    1.33 MB    2.0.1578.0
Microsoft Sync Framework 2.0 Provider Services (x64) ENU     Microsoft Corporation    4/8/2016    3.20 MB    2.0.1578.0
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable    Microsoft Corporation    4/29/2016    300 KB    8.0.61001
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.30729.6161    Microsoft Corporation    4/27/2016    788 KB    9.0.30729.6161
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17    Microsoft Corporation    4/1/2016    594 KB    9.0.30729
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.6161    Microsoft Corporation    4/27/2016    600 KB    9.0.30729.6161
Mozilla Firefox 46.0 (x86 en-US)    Mozilla    4/27/2016    91.2 MB    46.0
Mozilla Maintenance Service    Mozilla    4/27/2016    375 KB    46.0
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB954430)    Microsoft Corporation    4/29/2016    1.27 MB    4.20.9870.0
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB973688)    Microsoft Corporation    4/29/2016    1.33 MB    4.20.9876.0
OCR Software by I.R.I.S. 13.0    HP    4/28/2016        13.0
OpenOffice 4.1.2    Apache Software Foundation    4/28/2016    336 MB    4.12.9782
Pandora    Pandora Media, Inc    4/27/2016        2.0.10
PandoraRecovery (Remove Only)        4/27/2016        
Shop for HP Supplies    HP    4/28/2016        13.0
SUPERAntiSpyware    SUPERAntiSpyware.com    4/27/2016    61.3 MB    6.0.1218
SyncToy 2.1 (x64)    Microsoft    4/8/2016    1.45 MB    2.1.0
Visual Studio 2012 x64 Redistributables    AVG Technologies    4/27/2016    12.9 MB    14.0.0.1
Visual Studio 2012 x86 Redistributables    AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.    4/27/2016    10.5 MB    14.0.0.1
Windows Live Essentials    Microsoft Corporation    4/8/2016        15.4.3538.0513

So far today my HP seems to have downloaded the correct driver thanks to your link.  so far so good.  Thank you for helping a stranger like this. 

#12 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,089 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2016 - 03:37 PM

Good...that drivers were available. You're no longer a stranger.

Uninstall these programs: You can use CCleaner by clicking on each item and then choose Uninstall on the right.

Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX    Adobe Systems, Inc.    4/28/2016    1.85 MB    10.0.32.18 Use Uninstall Flash Player for Windows Note that this 10

and you will still have 21 installed.

ESET Online Scanner v3        4/30/2016     

HP Customer Participation Program 13.0    HP    4/28/2016        13.0

Java 7 Update 51    Oracle    4/27/2016    118 MB    7.0.510

SUPERAntiSpyware    SUPERAntiSpyware.com    4/27/2016    61.3 MB    6.0.1218

Visual Studio 2012 x64 Redistributables    AVG Technologies    4/27/2016    12.9 MB    14.0.0.1
Visual Studio 2012 x86 Redistributables    AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.    4/27/2016    10.5 MB    14.0.0.1

Disable these Windows Startups: Use CCleaner by clicking on each item and then choosing Disable on the right.

Yes    HKCU:Run    CCleaner Monitoring    Piriform Ltd    "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe" /MONITOR

Yes    HKLM:Run    AvgUi    AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.    "C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Framework\Common\avguirnx.exe" /lps=fmw

Yes    HKLM:Run    HP Software Update    Hewlett-Packard    C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe

Yes    HKLM:Run    IgfxTray    Intel Corporation    C:\Windows\system32\igfxtray.exe

I don't see the list of Scheduled Tasks. Please post it.

#13 pinkwitch1

pinkwitch1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2016 - 01:22 PM

Yes    Task    24x7Help updater        C:\Program Files (x86)\24x7 Help\24x7hu.exe
Yes    Task    Adobe Acrobat Update Task    Adobe Systems Incorporated    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe
Yes    Task    Adobe Flash Player Updater    Adobe Systems Incorporated    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe
Yes    Task    AVGPCTuneUp_Task_BkGndMaintenance    AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.    C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG PC TuneUp\tuscanx.exe $(Arg0)
Yes    Task    CCleanerSkipUAC    Piriform Ltd    "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe" $(Arg0)
Yes    Task    Dell SupportAssistAgent AutoUpdate    Dell Inc.    C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\SupportAssistAgent\bin\SupportAssist.exe AutoUpdate
Yes    Task    GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore    Google Inc.    C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe /c
Yes    Task    GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA    Google Inc.    C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe /ua /installsource scheduler
Yes    Task    Java Platform SE Auto Updater    Oracle Corporation    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
Yes    Task    PCDDataUploadTask        "uaclauncher.exe" -lloc dataupload --ignoresecondarysplash --runsilently --skipidlewait
Yes    Task    PCDEventLauncherTask    PC-Doctor, Inc.    "C:\Program Files\Dell\SupportAssist\sessionchecker.exe"
Yes    Task    PCDoctorBackgroundMonitorTask    PC-Doctor, Inc.    "C:\Program Files\Dell\SupportAssist\uaclauncher.exe" -backgroundmon scripts\backgroundmon.xml -st PCDoctorBackgroundMonitorTask --ignoresecondarysplash --runsilently
Yes    Task    RealDownloader Update Check        C:\Program Files (x86)\RealNetworks\RealDownloader\downloader2.exe /scheduler
Yes    Task    RealPlayer (32-bit)         C:\Program Files (x86)\Real\RealPlayer\Update\realsched.exe -osboot
Yes    Task    SUPERAntiSpyware Scheduled Task 9c7c9746-cb95-4fbb-88ae-c842975e0c57    SUPERAdBlocker.com    C:\Users\owner\Documents\SASTask.exe "C:\Users\owner\Documents\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe" /TASK:9c7c9746-cb95-4fbb-88ae-c842975e0c57
Yes    Task    SUPERAntiSpyware Scheduled Task c61f3cbd-c7ed-4cbc-b967-018dfbe973f4    SUPERAdBlocker.com    C:\Users\owner\Documents\SASTask.exe "C:\Users\owner\Documents\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe" /TASK:c61f3cbd-c7ed-4cbc-b967-018dfbe973f4
Yes    Task    SystemToolsDailyTest        "uaclauncher.exe" -silentenumeration -st SystemToolsDailyTest --ignoresecondarysplash --runsilently
Yes    Task    SystemToolsDailyTest-Retry        "uaclauncher.exe" -silentenumeration -st SystemToolsDailyTest --ignoresecondarysplash --runsilently
Yes    Task    {B8CBD8BC-EA06-429B-8FA3-CB08C4E370EC}    Hewlett-Packard Co.    C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hposvc08.exe
Yes    Task    {D47D7597-ECF6-4784-BFE8-2AA0758034B6}    Hewlett-Packard Co.    C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hposvc08.exe

#14 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,089 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2016 - 01:30 PM

Have you uninstalled the programs I mentioned and Disable the Windows Startups I mentioned?

Disable these Scheduled Tasks: Use CCleaner by clicking on each item and then choose Disable on the right.

Yes    Task    24x7Help updater        C:\Program Files (x86)\24x7 Help\24x7hu.exe
Yes    Task    Adobe Acrobat Update Task    Adobe Systems Incorporated    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe
Yes    Task    Adobe Flash Player Updater    Adobe Systems Incorporated    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe
Yes    Task    AVGPCTuneUp_Task_BkGndMaintenance    AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.    C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG PC TuneUp\tuscanx.exe $(Arg0)
Yes    Task    CCleanerSkipUAC    Piriform Ltd    "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe" $(Arg0)
Yes    Task    Dell SupportAssistAgent AutoUpdate    Dell Inc.    C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\SupportAssistAgent\bin\SupportAssist.exe AutoUpdate
Yes    Task    GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore    Google Inc.    C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe /c
Yes    Task    GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA    Google Inc.    C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe /ua /installsource scheduler

Yes    Task    PCDDataUploadTask        "uaclauncher.exe" -lloc dataupload --ignoresecondarysplash --runsilently --skipidlewait
Yes    Task    PCDEventLauncherTask    PC-Doctor, Inc.    "C:\Program Files\Dell\SupportAssist\sessionchecker.exe"
Yes    Task    PCDoctorBackgroundMonitorTask    PC-Doctor, Inc.    "C:\Program Files\Dell\SupportAssist\uaclauncher.exe" -backgroundmon scripts\backgroundmon.xml -st PCDoctorBackgroundMonitorTask --ignoresecondarysplash --runsilently
Yes    Task    RealDownloader Update Check        C:\Program Files (x86)\RealNetworks\RealDownloader\downloader2.exe /scheduler
Yes    Task    RealPlayer (32-bit)         C:\Program Files (x86)\Real\RealPlayer\Update\realsched.exe -osboot
Yes    Task    SUPERAntiSpyware Scheduled Task 9c7c9746-cb95-4fbb-88ae-c842975e0c57    SUPERAdBlocker.com    C:\Users\owner\Documents\SASTask.exe "C:\Users\owner\Documents\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe" /TASK:9c7c9746-cb95-4fbb-88ae-c842975e0c57
Yes    Task    SUPERAntiSpyware Scheduled Task c61f3cbd-c7ed-4cbc-b967-018dfbe973f4    SUPERAdBlocker.com    C:\Users\owner\Documents\SASTask.exe "C:\Users\owner\Documents\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe" /TASK:c61f3cbd-c7ed-4cbc-b967-018dfbe973f4
Yes    Task    SystemToolsDailyTest        "uaclauncher.exe" -silentenumeration -st SystemToolsDailyTest --ignoresecondarysplash --runsilently
Yes    Task    SystemToolsDailyTest-Retry        "uaclauncher.exe" -silentenumeration -st SystemToolsDailyTest --ignoresecondarysplash --runsilently

#15 pinkwitch1

pinkwitch1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2016 - 01:35 PM

HP participation program says removal of these programs will result in inability to use my driver software 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users