Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

EPSON WORKFORCE610 ON WINDOWS 7: ARRGGHHH

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 jake21

jake21

• Members
  • 369 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 PM

Posted 27 April 2016 - 02:27 PM

Seems to be a common problem with this series of printers. My OS is Windows 7/64 bit. Attempted to install the EPSON WORKFORCE 610 printer in USB mode. I have the installation cd, and it gives the error message : Cannot continue the installation, the installation has failed:. I did the logical ( or so I thought) process of going to Epson website, and downloading the drivers for the Windows 7/64 bit OS. There are two basic downloads here...Wireless and USB. I am using the USB. I have downloaded both the COMOBO package, and the Driver alone. ALL WILL NOT INSTALL...so far have tried these:

13143.exe
13140.exe
13339.exe
13142.exe
13139.exe

Quick search reveals a nice crowd with the same complaint about finding a workable driver for this printer. Have sent numerous emails to EPSON....no answer. Anybody find me a driver ...just need to print and scan......whew.....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,297 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2016 - 02:44 PM

Was there a printer installed before the Epson printer? If a Dell or Lexmark post back. If not then do the following.

First Uninstall your Printer Driver in Control Panel. Go to Devices and Printers. Click on the Windows XPS printer. In the menu bar select Print Server Properties. Under the Drivers tab remove and driver for Epson or any other printer no longer attached to the computer.

Make sure your Printer Spooler service is started. Right Click the Spooler Service and select Properties. Click start it not started. Also under the Dependencies tab you should see HTTP and RPC. Make sure the RPC service is also started.

Reinstall the Epson driver.

#3 jake21

jake21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 369 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2016 - 03:09 PM

I had a dell 926 installed on the computer...before I went to the EPSON..I'll hold here until I hear back....thanks!!!

Edited by jake21, 27 April 2016 - 03:10 PM.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,297 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2016 - 03:24 PM

In Services right click your spooler service and select properties. Click on the Dependencies tab and post a screenshot. You can use the snipping tool in Windows 7 to create a screen capture and save as a jpg then attach to your next post. You will see the attachment button when selecting More Options.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/use-snipping-tool-capture-screen-shots#1TC=windows-7

Edited by JohnC_21, 27 April 2016 - 03:24 PM.

#5 jake21

jake21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 369 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2016 - 04:38 PM

See if this comes through ok.......attached file of screen shot requested.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,297 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2016 - 04:47 PM

I don't see anything. If you have trouble posting a screenshot do the following. Type CMD in the search box. Type the following at the command prompt.

sc qc spooler

To copy the output click the small command prompt icon in the menu bar. Select > Edit > Select All.  Edit > Copy. Right click and Paste the results in your next post.

#7 jake21

jake21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 369 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2016 - 04:56 PM

Attached File  Capture.JPG   47.27KB   0 downloadsSee if this attachment come over....

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,297 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2016 - 05:00 PM

Everything looks normal. I was looking to see if there was an extra dependency. Lexmark makes Dell printers and Lexmark usually adds a dependency to the spooler service that can cause a problem with new printer drivers.

Go ahead and delete any printer drivers as I previously posted and try reinstalling the driver. If it still fails then I am not sure what the problem is. Have you tried installing the printer driver in Safe Mode?

#9 jake21

jake21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 369 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2016 - 05:04 PM

Ill hop to it.....stay tuned if I stray this evening....appreciate the help...sure a hard nut to crack.

#10 jake21

jake21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 369 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2016 - 05:11 PM

Attached File  Printer.JPG   40.06KB   0 downloadsStarted above...quick look at this??? Hmmmm

#11 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,297 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2016 - 05:20 PM

Did you delete all Dell drivers listed in Server Printer Properties?

Edited by JohnC_21, 27 April 2016 - 05:20 PM.

#12 jake21

jake21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 369 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2016 - 07:52 AM

I looked over my notes and deleted what I hope are all instances of DELL 926. Here is a screen shot of a file that I cannot delete,...wonder if this would be a problem before I attempt to re-install the Epson driver package.

Attached Files

#13 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,297 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2016 - 08:21 AM

I did some googling and came across a possible solution. 

Remove any printer attached

Go to Device and Printers, click on Microsoft XPS > Server Properties

Open Services, and stop the spooler service

Start the spooler service and immediately click on the dell driver to remove. Have both windows side by side.

http://www.mysysadmintips.com/windows/clients/170-cant-remove-printer-drivers-in-windows-7-the-specified-printer-driver-is-currently-in-use

If that does not work, try the same steps in Safe Mode.

If Safe Mode does not work then enable the hidden Administrator Account (Super User) by opening an elevated command prompt CMD in the search box > Run as Administrator and typing

net user administrator /active:yes

Reboot. You should now see a user named Administrator. Login to it and try removing the dell driver.

#14 jake21

jake21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 369 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2016 - 08:58 AM

Removed driver refereced. Attempted to re-install the following driver from EPSON/ WINDOWS 7/64 BIT

13143.exe

Installation begins and get error message " Driver Cannot be installed."

I wonder if we could install the printer as a wireless device. I note it has wireless capability. Might be a workaround the above. Thanks again....getting down to just a few hairs left to pull off head.

Edited by jake21, 28 April 2016 - 08:58 AM.

#15 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,297 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2016 - 09:08 AM

Are there any other printer drivers listed? I would download and install only the driver 13140 and not the combo driver.

Download Print Detective. When you unzip the file there are two folder, one for 32bit and 64bit. Run the utility and click the enumerate button. Are any dell or other printer drivers listed other than the standard Microsoft drivers?

Is the printer attached when installing the driver? Do not attach the printer and try installing in Safe Mode or using the hidden Administrator Account.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users