Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unpredictable program hanging/lag, "Windows 10 has stopped responding"

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 phoenixevanidus

phoenixevanidus

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 27 April 2016 - 12:03 PM

I apologize if this is in the wrong section, but I have no idea if it's Windows 10 or my computer.  I'm fairly certain it's not a virus, but why not throw that in there as well.

My problems:

1.) Occasionally, recently, my computer will just start choking out of the blue.

One program will stop responding, so I'll open task manager and end the task.  As soon as that one's closed, another program will stop responding.

Rinse and repeat until there's just the task manager, and then even it will stop responding.

Once, I even got a message saying Windows 10 itself had stopped responding.  Whatever is happening, my disk usage stays at 100%.

Typically, while this sort of scenario is occurring, I can't access anything on my start bar, it's just endless "busy" pointer.

Also, occasionally, it'll just fix itself.

2.) Start up/Shut down lag of forever.

Last night in particular, everything was running fine and smooth and there were no tell-tale signs that anything was wrong until, at the end of the night, I shut my computer down.  It hung at the shut down screen for ages.

I went to turn my computer on this morning, and it was loading everything so ridiculously slowly, hanging at each step of booting - BIOS, black windows screen, blue windows screen, the entirely black screen before the login, then the login.  After 5 minutes stuck at the login screen, I forced a shut down, waited a while, and powered up again.

Same thing, only I managed to log in fully this time to my desktop.  I got as far as opening Skype before curiosity got me to open the task manager and it simply wouldn't load.  So, I went to shut down from the menu.  In the shut down screen, it told me that it was waiting on two programs to end:

- Task Manager

- /WindowsUpdate/Windows App Update

After they wouldn't close on their own, I decided to tell the computer to shut down anyway.

After 5 minutes hanging in the shut down screen, I forced my computer to power down again.

Same slow boot, only everything seems to be working now.

Random things:  Nothing ever actually freezes, per se.  My peripherals all still respond fine.  And I never receive a BSOD.

What I've Done:

1.) ran a chkdsk - everything was fine

2.) ran MBAM and SAS - MBAM was 100% clean, and SAS was all typical cookies, nothing out of the oridinary.

3.) went through my device manager and manually checked each and every item for up to date drivers.  My MOBO was the only one out of date.  Updated it, and... that seemed to actually fix everything.  I haven't had a problem in over a week (until today)

4.) Originally, my start up/shut down hang times also involved my monitor claiming everything was shut down even though my keyboard, mouse, and case lights all said my computer was still on.  I found a fix for this involving power conservation or something, and haven't had THAT particular issue since.

What changed before I started having issues:

1.) my ESET subscription ran out.  I still have the program installed because I intend to fix it, but I can't afford it atm.

2.) I installed and started playing Guild Wars 2 again. (this has come with its own set of issues)  I had not had issues with Guild Wars 2 until now - previously, I played it on this same computer before I updated to Win10.

I've only had Win10 since the start of the year (I think?) but did not start having issues until about a month ago.

I do and run basically the same things every day, but this isn't a constant issue.  I have no idea what provoked it last night/this morning.

Edited by phoenixevanidus, 27 April 2016 - 12:05 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 28 April 2016 - 02:59 PM

Wait until the problem occurs again, then immediately (as soon as you can recover) generate these 2 reports:

1)  Please run this report collecting tool (even though you may not be reporting BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis:  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/
When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location.
By default it'll be a .zip file located on your Desktop
Simply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.
If it doesn't work for you, then please try this:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

2)  Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 phoenixevanidus

phoenixevanidus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2016 - 01:04 PM

Hello there, and thank you for the quick response.  Unfortunately, though I am subscribed to this post, I didn't receive an alert that it'd been responded to.  This is only more unfortunate because my computer's been a jerk the past two days, but working fine, so far, today.

So, I don't have the first thing requested, but I do have #2.

Yesterday's incident involved entirely refusing to open a program until I got so frustrated that I decided to restart my computer, only to have it hang at shutdown until I forcibly turned my computer off, and then musical chairs: program hanging style, though it fixed itself after a time and I haven't had an issue since.  Hopefully, this will all be in the administrative events zip I've attached.  If not, I apologize.

Attached File  Admin.zip   448.45KB   1 downloads

#4 phoenixevanidus

phoenixevanidus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2016 - 11:04 AM

Just had an unexpected hang at the login.  It shut down just fine last night, and booted just fine, but hung after my attempt to log in.

Attaching BSOD and Admin event file.

As for CPUID, I keep it on my computer and had been using it when the problems first started.  Everything was at a normal, happy temp, but if that changes during or around freakouts, I'd never been able to tell due to programs not responding and/or needing to forcibly shut down.

edit: currently went to do a search for AI Suite because, while away, I left my computer and CPUID running and my TMPIN3 shows some crazy reading and now appears to be dead, but my start bar/task bar stopped responding.  But, hey!  I have access to firefox. :|  I hate everything.

edit2: My start/task bar seems to be accessible again, though the search function still hasn't popped up.  HAAAAAEEEEETTTTT.  And every time I try running search, my start/task bar locks up.  Also, earlier, before I left, I got to play another rousing game of Musical Chairs: Programs Have Stopped Responding Edition, even though all I had running was skype and firefox.  Temps were normal at the time, it was just obnoxious to sit through for 10 min while it resolved itself.

edit3: Firefox locked up, I quit it from the task manager and went to reopen it.  It showed as running in the processes, but never actually opened.  Decided to try launching Steam, which also showed in the processes but never actually opened.  So, I elected to shut down and restart.  It did actually shut down on its own, after hanging for 3 minutes.  Blessedly free of hiccups at boot and login.  Attaching BSOD and Admin events for that.

Original post attachments:

Attached File  admin.zip   459.34KB   2 downloads

Attached File  THEPIXIESLAYER_5_1_2016_10_43_36_AM.zip   3.26MB   0 downloads

2nd jerksplosion files:

Attached File  THEPIXIESLAYER_5_1_2016_2_35_58_PM.zip   3.31MB   1 downloads

Attached File  admin_2.zip   467.5KB   1 downloads

Edited by phoenixevanidus, 01 May 2016 - 02:47 PM.

#5 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2016 - 04:27 PM

The first Admin log file looks typical of a system having problems after updating to W10 from another OS.

There is also an error with your ESET.  Please uninstall it and thend ownload/install a fresh copy.

There are also many ESET errors in the WER section of the MSINFO32 report.

Otherwise this tends to look similar to many other problems that we've seen with W10 being installed on well-used systems.
There's a couple of things to try:

1)  This one was deleted.  I have to update my canned speech for it.

2)  Uninstall your antivirus, then use the removal tool for it (there's a list of most of them here:  http://www.carrona.org/avuninst.html ), then install a freshly downloaded, W10 compatible version.  Some A/V have difficulties with the upgrade, so removing them and then reinstalling them will help how they run.

3)  Download fresh copies of the latest, W10 compatible audio and video drivers for your system.  Then uninstall the current versions from your system.  Then install the freshly downloaded versions.

4)  Get ALL available Windows Updates

5)  Get ALL available, W10 compatible drivers/programs from the manufacturer's website.  If some aren't compatible w/W10, check here about uninstalling them.

6)  Get ALL available, W10 compatible drivers/programs for any add-on hardware and any software that you installed previously.  If they aren't compatible, please uninstall them.

If this doesn't fix things, then post back so we can discuss the following options:
- continuing to attempt to fix this copy of the OS
- Reset of the OS (considering both the "Keep My Files" and the "Remove Everything" options)
- revert to the previous OS (both at less than 30 days, and at more than 30 days since initial update)
- revert to the previous OS with another attempt at installing W10 (I don't recommend this)
- clean install of the previous OS
- clean install of the previous OS, then update to W10 (only needed if a clean install of W10 fails)
- W10 clean install

The second Admin logfile doesn't show much else.  Maybe some issues with Windows Update, but it could also be due to networking.

The third Admin logfile is very similar to the first one.

Your UEFI/BIOS (version 1406) dates from 2012.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  If you are able to install the update through Windows (without booting from an external drive), then go ahead and update it.  WARNING - if the computer might shut down during this procedure, please don't do it, as this may physically damage the computer and prevent it from booting.

Although you appear to have a reasonable number of Windows Update hotfixes for this version of your OS, please double check for any new Windows Updates.  It only takes one update to cause a problem, so it's essential that you have all of them.  The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.

The WER section of the MSINFO32 report shows a lot of STOP 0x141 errors.  Please follow these troubleshooting suggestions (they work for STOP 0x141 also):  http://www.sysnative.com/forums/bsod-kernel-dump-analysis-debugging-information/35-video-tdr-timeout-0x116-0x117.html#post29532
Also, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

If all that doesn't fix things, then I suggest (in this order):

- System Restore to a point before the problems started

- DISM/SFC (see the quote box below this paragraph for details)

- RESET using the Keep My Files option

- backup and then RESET using the Remove Everything option  (this will wipe everything off your system, so the backup is needed to save your data BEFORE wiping the system).

Good luck!

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 phoenixevanidus

phoenixevanidus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2016 - 05:05 PM

2.) Done.

3, 5, & 6.) Originally, I'd gone into my device manager and manually checked each and every device to make sure the drivers were all up to date.  Is there a faster, more effective, or more thorough way of checking this to make sure I didn't miss anything? (looking at the Driver Verifier post in this forum, atm)

4.) How do I make sure I have ALL available Windows updates?  Win10 is mostly this strange, new thing I try to ignore.  I can and will ask the internet, but it's always nice to have an authoritative "THIS WAY, MY CHILD" from someplace I trust.

My UEFI/BIOS... I did originally try updating it from the BIOS screen, when all this junk started happening a few weeks back, and it DID freeze up.  Sadface.  Now I'm a little scared of it.  I'd thought/hoped I'd taken care of it through the device manager.  The only things out of date on that list were (I thought) associated with my mobo.  But, I'll go through AI Suite or the website and post back if anything blows up while going back through--

Okay, while typing this, weird things are going on on my desktop/task bar.  My desktop icons have refreshed themselves twice, and my little program icons on my task bar have disappeared and come back.  GRUMBLE.  Grumble, I say.

Anyway, saving UEFI/BIOS for last.

Edited by phoenixevanidus, 01 May 2016 - 05:08 PM.

#7 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2016 - 06:21 PM

Device Manager only checks the drivers with Windows/Microsoft Update.

They (most likely) do not have the most recent version.

The driver updates are uploaded by the manufacturer's/OEM's - and are done whenever they feel like it.
Additionally, Microsoft doesn't make a whole bunch of checks on them - relying upon the manufacturer/OEM's reputation.

Then only sure way is to visit the website of the driver manufacturer and check their version with what you have installed.

Even that doesn't work sometimes (as the driver installation package may not have the same version as the driver itself - or there may be more than one driver involved).

What I do is check the dates on the drivers.  Unfortunately, this is a difficult task as there are many, many drivers installed on your system - and not all of them need updating.

The easiest thing is to 1)  Check Windows Update, then 2) Check the motheroard/OEM's website for drivers and update all of them (just in case), then 3) check any added programs or hardware for any updates that might be available.

Now for the bad news....

I've done this a bunch of times at work - and the gist of it is that it's most likely that you're going to end up doing the RESET with the Remove Everything option.

Do 2 things to prepare for this:

1)  Make sure that this copy of W10 is permanently activated.  To do this, type "slmgr /xpr" (without the quotes) into a command prompt.  A window should pop up saying if it's permanently activated.
This means that this copy of W10 is associated with the hardware you have and is activated on Microsoft's servers.  As such you can reactivate on the same hardware without a product key.

2)  Backup your stuff.  A RESET using the Remove Everything option will wipe everything off your system.

Good luck!

#8 phoenixevanidus

phoenixevanidus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2016 - 01:00 PM

So, I'm encountering issues when trying to update Windows 10.

Methods I've tried:

1.) typing "windows update" in start and using that.  It downloads and starts to install, but then I get

"Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.219.607.0) - Error 0x80070643"

2.) Tried going to the actual windows site and it's telling me it can't log me in right now, sorry sucker.

3.) Opened IE, went to tools, and then to update and I get a wuapp.exe error saying Windows can't find wuapp.exe, make sure I typed it correctly.  Except I didn't, yanno, type anything. :|

Another issue I encountered occurred while following the suggestions for the 0x141 errors and involved downloading FurMark.  I ran a stress test for about 5 minutes - the image was making me feel a little motion sick and I wasn't going to leave it running unattended, so I stopped it.  The card peaked at 69C and stayed there, and there was no instability that I noticed anywhere other than in my stomach.

But then I decided to play Guild Wars a couple of hours later and noticed my framerate was utter crap compared to when I'd played earlier during the day.  None of my in game settings had changed.  Checking my CPUID, the card was barely trying.  It never got hotter than 53C, when it normally runs around 62C in game.  I was concerned it might be the AVG I installed (I had tabbed out of game to keep from sitting through the first loading screen, which can be lengthy in the main game hub), and AVG tried to be helpful and was like "hi!  We noticed you're running GW2 in the background, so we're going to lower its priority so that other things run faster."  NOOOOOOO, DON'T DO THIS.  Since AVG is new, I didn't know how to fix its priority, so I just uninstalled it.  No change.

Then I read that some video cards will automatically throttle themselves for certain stress tests/OC programs.  So, I uninstalled FurMark.  No change.

Rebooted computer.  No change.

Went into my card's control panel and restored everything to default settings.  No change.

Any clues as to what could have happened?  Did AVG tell my computer to ignore GW2 and I need to fix that?  Could FurMark have changed some settings I need to adjust somewhere?  Did it push in too much voltage and fried it in a less obvious way?

edit: as a progress report - aside from the GPU issue and Windows 10 refusing to let me update it, I haven't had any program issues or hangs at start up/shut down.

edit #2: edit #1 was a big, fat lie.  I updated to today's Nvidia driver release for my card and then firefox stopped responding and my task/start bar choked up and I ended up having to shut down via ctrl+alt+delete since I couldn't access shutdown/restart through my start bar.  Hung a bit at start up.  I'm so frustrated :(

Also, "System and compressed memory" and "Service Host: Local System (Network Restricted)" take up an obnoxious amount of CPU usage.

Edited by phoenixevanidus, 02 May 2016 - 01:30 PM.

#9 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2016 - 04:31 PM

wuapp doesn't work in Windows 10 - they changed it :(

In Windows 10 you can make a shortcut to Windows Update by doing this:

- right click on an empty spot on the Desktop

Select "New", then select "Shortcut"

Type "ms-settings:windowsupdate" (without the quotes) and press Enter

Then type "Windows Update" (without the quotes) and then press Enter again.

The shorcut will appear on your Desktop.  Double click on it to open it, then click on the "Check for updates" button to have it check.

As for the FurMark - I'll add a recommendation to have a bucket close by :0)

It doesn't change any settings that I'm aware of - but I'm not a hardware expert.  You'd have to post over in the Gaming or Internal Hardware forums for more expert advice.

But, as I said previously, the most likely fix is going to be a wipe and clean install of W10.

You can try this program - but I haven't used it myself:  http://www.thewindowsclub.com/fixwin-for-windows-10

#10 phoenixevanidus

phoenixevanidus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2016 - 04:46 PM

Thank you for the shortcut, but I had been able to find it earlier (much to my surprise! since I can never find anything).  My problem was when I went to update it, it started to download and install and left me with:

"There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help:

Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.219.624.0) - Error 0x80070643"

This remains the case Q_Q

It goes through the process of checking for updates, then downloading, then preparing to install, then gives me that error.  ♪♫womp-womp♫♪

Edited by phoenixevanidus, 02 May 2016 - 04:47 PM.

#11 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2016 - 05:05 PM

Here's some things to try for Windows Updates.

I'm not very good at this, but I had an expert look these instructions over and he thought that they were good.

There's not many experts at fixing Windows Updates.
I am not one of them.
But the few experts that there are a sorely overworked - so getting a reply will be difficult.
I'll continue to attempt to help here, but please bear with me.

First, please try the Windows Update troubleshooter/fixes listed here:
Windows Update Troubleshooter:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/gp/windows-update-issues/en-us
Windows Update Troubleshooter KB article:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2714434
Reset Windows Update Components KB article:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058

Then, if that doesn't fix the Windows Update problem, please do the following 2 things. (copied from here:  http://www.sysnative.com/forums/windows-update/4736-windows-update-forum-posting-instructions.html ):

Run SFCFix

This free tool of neimiro's creation (see above link) is a very good starting point for the diagnosis and repair of all Windows Update and System File Checker corruptions. We therefore need you to run this tool prior to collecting logfiles.

-  First download and run a copy of the tool from http://www.sysnative.com/niemiro/apps/SFCFix.exe.
        -  Work through any on-screen prompts and then await completion (runtime is approximately 15 minutes).
        -  Once it has finished, if there are any unrepaired corruptions (the tool will notify you if it has succeeded in repairing all corruptions if they're simple in which case we're no longer needed) or unresolved problems with your computer, you need to post us the complete logfile which opens on exit. Simply copy (Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C) and paste (Ctrl-V) the entire logfile into your new thread (also know as a 'topic'). How to create a new thread is shown later on in this post.

Export CBS folder
NOTE:  This is not for me (I can't read them).  This is in case you decide to post in the OS forums asking for help from the experts. 

-  On Windows 8/10, press the Windows key, type This PC, and press Enter.
        -  On Windows Vista/7, click the Start button then click Computer.
        -  Double-click on the C: drive, under the Hard Disk Drives category, and then scroll down to, and double click on the Windows folder.
        -  Find and double click on the Logs folder.
        -  Right-click on the CBS folder, and select Copy.
        -  Go back to your Desktop, right-click on it, and select Paste. You should now see a copy of the CBS folder appear on your Desktop called CBS.
        -  Right-click on this new folder, and navigate through Send to, and select Compressed (zipped) folder.
        -  A new file, also called CBS (CBS.zip), but this time with a different icon, will be created.

As for the first item (SFCFix), just copy and paste into your post as indicated.
For the second item (CBS log), if you'd like it analyzed, start a post in the OS forums, then zip it up and upload it with your next post there (it's not needed in this topic as I can't read it).
If it's too big to upload (or you get an error), just upload it to a free file hosting service (such as OneDrive or DropBox).  Ensure that it's shared and then post a link to it here.

#12 phoenixevanidus

phoenixevanidus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2016 - 03:12 PM

Alrighty!  So, I ran the thing and it fixed a thing, then I went and checked for updates.  It didn't download or install anything, but it says my device is up to date.

Progress?

I wanted to say nothing horrible has happened today, but I have only just had a chance to sit down and really give my computer the opportunity to make me sad.

Do I post again when something goes wrong, or how do we proceed from here?

Also, I very much appreciate the time you've taken to try and help me. \o/

#13 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2016 - 05:02 PM

We wait until you tell us that something happened (or that nothing happened).
The system here is supposed to notify us when you post (but it's not doing it now).  As such I make sure that I check all topics that have unread posts in this forum at least once every 2 days.

#14 phoenixevanidus

phoenixevanidus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2016 - 02:04 AM

So, I haven't had any hanging or programs freezing up, but I've encountered another problem.

Everything's clunky.  That's the best way I can describe it.  My CPU usage has been crazily high, even just browsing the web, idling at 15% and jumping, even when I just scoot my mouse pointer across the screen back and forth.  In fact, it HATES that.  I can get it to jump up to 82%

While recreating this, I noticed what's choking me:

Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager both freak out hitting upwards of 15% and 12%

**There is also a second instance of Client Server Runtime Process running, but it's always at 0%

Service Host: Local System (Network Restricted) jumps to about 18%, though it's usually running between 3-5% when I'm not doing anything at all

and

System and compressed memory is idling at 6%, but also freaks out if I wave my mouse pointer at it.

Currently, all I have going is:

Firefox (1.5%)

HWMonitor (2.3%)

Skype (0.3%)

Steam (0%)

Task Manager (0%)

CPU max temp after forcing it up to 82% usage with my crazy mouse pointer waggling: 44C

(running a game, it maxes out at 57C)

Any clue what's happening?  Internet suggests my profile is possibly corrupt or something's wrong in my registry.

Edited by phoenixevanidus, 05 May 2016 - 12:52 PM.

#15 phoenixevanidus

phoenixevanidus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2016 - 11:03 AM

To add onto my last post since it can no longer be edited:

I've gone in and turned off Superfetch in my Service Host: Local System (Network Restricted) and that freed a TON of drain on my CPU -- it was up near 22% by the end of the night last night (idling at 70% overall with just firefox, skype, and steam going - :( ), without me trying to provoke it.

But

Everything else still skyrockets when I waggle my pointer around.

Edited by phoenixevanidus, 06 May 2016 - 11:03 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users