Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Java issues with Oracle

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ^MavericK!

^MavericK!

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 27 April 2016 - 08:57 AM

Hi everyone;

We at work are having issues with Java. We at work use Oracle and we are using an older version of Java. We stopped updates from Java for all users, but some machines get theupdates and Oracle just doesn´t run.

The issue is we need to uninstall Java and install the correct version of it, Java 6 update 51, but we always expirience problems because of remnants of other installations. 

Is there a way or a software that will delete all the entries of Java in the registry that you can recommend?

I´ve read in the net and found some that we are currently testing, but we want to see if you guys have any recommendations.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Edited by hamluis, 27 April 2016 - 11:57 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Web Browsing/Email, etc. - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Struppigel

Struppigel

Karsten Hahn, G DATA Malware Analyst

• Malware Response Team
  • 231 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 AM

Posted 27 April 2016 - 09:24 AM

I would use the official uninstaller from java.com: https://java.com/en/download/faq/uninstaller_toolinfo.xml

But why do you need to install an outdated Java version in the first place? The new versions are backward compatible. The outdated versions are a big security risk that I personally would not take.

#3 ^MavericK!

^MavericK!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 27 April 2016 - 09:27 AM

I would use the official uninstaller from java.com: https://java.com/en/download/faq/uninstaller_toolinfo.xml

But why do you need to install an outdated Java version in the first place? The new versions are backward compatible. The outdated versions are a big security risk that I personally would not take.

Thanks for the reply. For some reason the backward compatibility does not work in our case. We have tried it all, the applet simply wont run.

Maybe we are doing something wrong and this compatibility is not working in our enviroment. 

We´ll try the uninstaller too and hopefully we will get an update for this ASAP because the risk is unbelevable, and we are aware.

Thanks again.

Regards, 

Edited by ^MavericK!, 27 April 2016 - 09:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users