Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless headSET or Blue Snowball/Yeti?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cctaylor88

cctaylor88

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 PM

Posted 27 April 2016 - 06:42 AM

I am wondering if there are any wireless headSETS that are worth it in the $100-150ish price range, not looking to drop $300 on the Steelseries H 800 etc to be honest. I'm wondering if wireless is really even an option at this pricepoint (I have enough wires on my desk and wireless makes it so much easier).
I have a pair of BOSE QC120s that I really like but as of right now I use those and then put a pair of old Razer carcharias around my neck and use that mic (they are a garbage headset). So essentially to game with a good pair of headphones with noise cancellation (my Bose) and to talk into a mic I have to literally wear two headsets.

Also curious if anyone has experience with a Blue Snowball and/or Blue Yeti desktop microphone? If so, would you justify the cost of the microphones for what you get? Would I have to buy an additional stand for them as they are quite small and I would sit much higher than the mics? How far can they pick up my voice? I don't want to buy these types of microphones if they have to be right near my mouth, as at that point I would just get a headset with mic.

Suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnWJ

JohnWJ

• Members
  • 199 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 29 April 2016 - 02:45 PM

here is a good place to start

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=a9_sc_1?rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Awireless+headsets&keywords=wireless+headsets&ie=UTF8&qid=1461959120

John

An Australian Living in the USA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users